Wheelerdealer1

It's that time of year - dreaded trade insurance renewal

Hi all and happy new year!

Well I've been with the same lot for 7 seven years, the last three I haven't even bothered to phone around to get a better deal

But my renewal is bordering on ridiculous taking into account I have NEVER made a claim

So can anyone recommend a good broker or company that won't waste my time taking details for 30mins then quote me double ?

Think insurance may differ for us all,  but i am a strong believer in you get what you pay for. What i mean is, we find our local insurance provider competitive, but not the cheapest, however when ever we've had a concern (not claim, touch wood we won't) or needed help with something' i've been able to pop along to their office to discuss. I hate the thought of having a claim and having to ring call centers when there's an office along the road. Just my thoughts.

Would love it if there was a local office, but I'm not so lucky in this part of London, and can see the advantages as you point out

hi,long time lurker thought i would join as one of my  new year resolutions,

To address your query my trade insurance went up 50% in may last year,i went through various large and small organisations to get a better quote but came to the conclusion they run a cartel,ive never made a claim ,been in the motor trade 30 years and have a clean licence,everyone ive spoken to in the trade since my increase also confirm premiums have increased without exception to beyond what was considered reasonable,i put it down to the fact some large insurers withdrew from this market like aviva this last year?

Thanks Andy will do !

SB, I'm hoping for at least a bit of a better quote, looks like loyalty counts for nothing 😭

Guys help me out here cos I'm struggling

Any recommendations?

My renew is due on Friday and so far I've spent hours on the phone only for the chap to come back and say "sorry sir we can't get near your renewal price!"

Did you try Lionheart? Their number is 0121 380 0930.

We've just renewed for the third year running with them and nobody has ever beaten their price for the level of cover.

Thanks chaps I'm going to give both a call later today

hi in work and just confirmed ,be very careful with tradewise as the add ons you will need make them not worth persuing when i tried them eg........ sdp

Guys help me out here cos I'm struggling

Any recommendations?

My renew is due on Friday and so far I've spent hours on the phone only for the chap to come back and say "sorry sir we can't get near your renewal price!"

I have used 'Service' through the broker 'Quote Me Today' for the last 3 years.

The cheapest by far although I have never made a claim so cannot comment any further than price.