Sign in to follow this  
EPV

It's time to take action

put the clio on ebay, classified ad, dont mention the tax, mention [big point] the mileage, dont mention the insurance, mention how rare these are, dont cover the number plates, so, rephoto it [ the pics on your website make it look like its got a broken spring ].:)

Citroen sold this morning, deposit paid. 

Just now, EPV said:

nothings sold till you have ALL the wonga

just sayin:)

3 minutes ago, chief nut job said:

nothings sold till you have ALL the wonga

just sayin:)

Ha ha!

nah this fella is old school, proper east London type, says what he likes and like what he’s says etc 

swapper is as described too 

48 minutes ago, EPV said:

reduced or full up?

6 minutes ago, Matt Reid said:

reduced or full up?

Reduced mate. It did the trick, the punter had been keeping an eye on it and it seems the reduction was enough to push him in to it. 

I gave him £300 under book for his swapper though so will claw a little back that way. 

People love an update, I finally sold the wretched Clio at the weekend. 145 days. Never again. It put my average days to turn up from 27 days to 30, the bastard. Glad to see the back of it. 

• Like 1

Glad you got it sold, well done. One thing that I noticed when I clicked on the Clio was that although the pictures were excellent but they looked like they were taken in winter with no leaves on the trees. Just gives the punters a clue you have had it a while. I always wind up having to re photograph a shed load of cars every May

The amusing thing is I clipped the price again by £500 to £3995. Too cheap but there’s a lot more I can do with four grand than watch it slowly rot into the ground. The call came via AT (as usual) 2 hours later. I noted that my feed from my website wouldn’t have had time to update the AT site. So I bumped the price back up to £4490 on my website, they paid up, non the wiser. Small victories etc. 

8 hours ago, EPV said:

The amusing thing is I clipped the price again by £500 to £3995. Too cheap but there’s a lot more I can do with four grand than watch it slowly rot into the ground. The call came via AT (as usual) 2 hours later. I noted that my feed from my website wouldn’t have had time to update the AT site. So I bumped the price back up to £4490 on my website, they paid up, non the wiser. Small victories etc. 

Love it !!

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Mid morning price adjustments suddenly phone rings cue frantic adjustment of web site pricing :lol:

Good work mate.

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Lucky sod.

By the way and I have often wondered - if I adjust the price on my web (CD5), does that automatically change the price on AT during the next feed?  I have been doing it manually until now.

Just now, Mark101 said:

Lucky sod.

By the way and I have often wondered - if I adjust the price on my web (CD5), does that automatically change the price on AT during the next feed?  I have been doing it manually until now.

I have click Dealer mate and it does exactly that but i’d be surprised if CDM don’t have the same facility. 

Just now, EPV said:

I have click Dealer mate and it does exactly that but i’d be surprised if CDM don’t have the same facility. 

I have just reduced a Jag on my web, will update you by tonight to see if AT matches the change.  Thank you

17 hours ago, EPV said:

Taking action.....sometimes you do and the punter thinks you are a hero,when in fact you may be ripping them off.

Another long winded story from long ago.I had sold something called a Austin 1800 to an elderly couple.A few days later they ring and describe their terrible mistake and don’t know what to do.They had parked it somehow in their garage but were unable to get it out as their rear lane was too narrow......So I tell them,don’t worry forget that car and come over,I would do them a smaller car at no extra cost and we will be able to manoeuvre theirs out of the garage using trolley jacks.They arrive and it’s a big pitch and I am walking up and down with them looking at the stock.They spot a Austin 1300 they liked but I had to bullshit them off it because that would mean money back for them.I then passed a message to tell someone to go to the opposite end of the pitch where there was another older Austin 1300 and to change the price stickers and increase it by a third.So I then tell them of a far better Austin 1300 which I had forgotten about and that they could have it now for no extra cost.That is what happened except when we went over for their Austin 1800,we quite easily got it out of their garage.....The punters were so gratefull for helping them out !

8 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I have just reduced a Jag on my web, will update you by tonight to see if AT matches the change.  Thank you

It worked - no more double advert writing