EPV

Numatic Hoovers

Any recommendations? I’d love to have one of those Tornador things but i’d need a hefty compressor so, maybe one day. In the meanwhile i’ll have to suffer the old wet n dry. George seems a decent choice but anyone got any opinions to share? 

My old Henry just keeps on going. I actually found a local guy that runs a business repairing them in his shed workshop.

I was looking for a wet n dry jobby mate! Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Henry Hoovers a great although I have https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb351vac-1400w-20ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/56239

Works fantastically (one wheel broken off though) but as a vacuum wet/dry brilliant and picks up anything and everything.

Cheap as chips

Great shout thanks. It doesn’t have the inbuilt solution spray that George has but it’s also £120 cheaper so I think for that sort of price i’ll use some elbow grease and a brush with a carpet cleaner and use your recommendation to extract any excess 

7 minutes ago, EPV said:

Great shout thanks. It doesn’t have the inbuilt solution spray that George has but it’s also £120 cheaper so I think for that sort of price i’ll use some elbow grease and a brush with a carpet cleaner and use your recommendation to extract any excess 

It is what it is - if I was a full time valeter, Numatic but for the odd one or two I do, this works splendidly and I drag it around and don't worry about what I'm vacuuming.  Even used it to suck the leaves off our balcony - better than the leaf blower and less mess.

You won't regret it.

Edited by Mark101

A George is ok a Karcher is better and worth the extra money.

Edited by Row

out of all the hoovers ive bought over the years i really should have bought a henry

if in for the long haul buy a henry

• Like 1

The Henry is a great vacuum, the George wet and dry shampoo machine is ok but the Karcher puzzi is better for that job.

55 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

My Henry won’t die...,, fabulousness personified:)

I really need to 'invest' in one of these, currently pushing my luck with a Lidl cheapie special..... 

George, Henry (and Henry mk2 as backup!), and even Hetty all work really hard here, great machines and we've found them easy to maintain/cheap. Numatic customer support are really helpful on the phone, even recommended a cheap spares shop (in Bristol from memory).

Recently we've used mostly APC on most water marks/stains and only use George to dry seats after APC, or for really grubby cars. So I guess we could get away with just a cheap wet vac.

Bought a cheap Tornador copy the other week after reading about them here, typically haven't needed to try it out yet, shouldn't complain I'm sure we'll get lots of opportunity sooner or later!!

cheers all, have ordered the Titan on Mark’s recommendation, I have some decent chemicals and valet brushes that should do the cleaning so hopefully the Titan will do the extraction well enough and i’m sure the 1400w will be plenty for the dry stuff. 

Only just seeing this post, been enthralled in the flipping cars post, for us has to be a George ours is donkies years old, it does need the odd wet suction motor changing £12 and it as good as new and sucking like .....well i wont go there her indoors would have a meltdown 

19 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Only just seeing this post, been enthralled in the flipping cars post, for us has to be a George ours is donkies years old, it does need the odd wet suction motor changing £12 and it as good as new and sucking like .....well i wont go there her indoors would have a meltdown 

I was disappointed you didn’t reply within seconds, this was a query right up your street! 

Do these wet and dry hoovers actually  extract water from car seats? I heard they weren't for this use and only an extractor like the Karcher puzzi would do a good job. Let me know anyone please. 

31 minutes ago, NoMargin said:

Do these wet and dry hoovers actually  extract water from car seats? I heard they weren't for this use and only an extractor like the Karcher puzzi would do a good job. Let me know anyone please. 

get a proper valeting machine, if you treat it right it will last years and years

i would expect you would burn the motor out on a wet/dry fairly quickly

• Like 1

My George is probably 10 years old now and going strong still. Couple it with a good steam cleaner for air vents and nooks and crannies etc and you can't go wrong. Steamers are great on steering wheels too especially leather ones with stitching. Come up a treat. Plastic steering wheel cover on afterwards and the customer always comments on how clean and fresh they are. 

1 hour ago, NoMargin said:

The Titan one I bought works fine on carpets and I can't see why it wouldn't work on seats. You shouldn't be getting the seats soaking wet anyway cos it plays havoc with the seat belt sensor. Use Autosmart Brisk which doesn't over wet the fabric.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EPV said:

The Titan one I bought works fine on carpets and I can't see why it wouldn't work on seats. You shouldn't be getting the seats soaking wet anyway cos it plays havoc with the seat belt sensor. Use Autosmart Brisk which doesn't over wet the fabric.

What titan did you buy the one in the link above?  

2 hours ago, RHO said:

My George is probably 10 years old now and going strong still. Couple it with a good steam cleaner for air vents and nooks and crannies etc and you can't go wrong. Steamers are great on steering wheels too especially leather ones with stitching. Come up a treat. Plastic steering wheel cover on afterwards and the customer always comments on how clean and fresh they are. 

Could you recommend any steam cleaners? 

I've got a Valporetti Polti. Brilliant. Can press the trigger for at least 5 minutes before losing any pressure. Then it takes 45 seconds to get back up again. I find it perfect for interiors. Use it with cloths to wipe down immediately or a blower   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EPV said:

Here's some good advice, don't bother with brisk on seats, use TFR/Water mix and you will never look back.