Sign in to follow this  
BHM

Corsa D ABS Pump

Effing small cars, but I digress.

Corsa D ABS pump failure - I’m told the valve block & apparently it’s a common failure. Anyhow, any suggestions where to send for repair?

The only one I can think of is ecutesting but after using them once before I’d prefer to shop elsewhere, if possible.

I’d normally fit a secondhand unit but I’ve scoured fleabay, there seems to be a myriad of options & unfortunately my part no.s aren’t to be found.

The pump part you can change from any other unit i have done them in the past where the number was only slightly out on the end think from memory it was the year of production, worked fine on my model. 

Had to do two of these in March, bloody Corsas. Not much help, we just used eBay for both of ours. One on there and had to wait a couple of weeks for the other to get listed

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Effing small cars, but I digress.

Corsa D ABS pump failure - I’m told the valve block & apparently it’s a common failure. Anyhow, any suggestions where to send for repair?

The only one I can think of is ecutesting but after using them once before I’d prefer to shop elsewhere, if possible.

I’d normally fit a secondhand unit but I’ve scoured fleabay, there seems to be a myriad of options & unfortunately my part no.s aren’t to be found.

What is the fault? Is it no communication or for the pulling to side when braking?

It’s not delivering any fluid to one of the calipers. It’s as though one of the internal valves is stuck closed - apparently very common. 

23 minutes ago, BHM said:

It’s not delivering any fluid to one of the calipers. It’s as though one of the internal valves is stuck closed - apparently very common. 

Yes it’s really annoying that fault. I think it should have been a recall, darting across the road when braking is hardly a safe characteristic!

i usually look hard for a used one. Have Johnson’s Vauxhall’s breakers not got one?

Thanks very much to Justin & Grant. Fleabay came good as I purchased a pump with identical no.s on the valve body although a totally different ECU, switched ECUs & all’s fine.

That's a result BHM!

If the effort makes you feel tired i've had a bloody Corsa in three garages so far and finally got to the root of the issue after five months...a broken wire deep down in the darkest depths. 

How a bloody Corsa could be so complicated i'll never know!