Sign in to follow this  
grant8064

Courier Companies - Gearbox Delivery

Hi guys,

Got a gearbox that needs to go 40 miles to a firm for new seals but no time to deliver it ourselves. 

I'm going to wrap it and courier it. Who would you recommend? Never sent a parcel this big so are DHL and the like the best guys?

Cheers

what you gonna do if they drop it?

unless you are sending it on a pallett then 40 miles it would be thrown in the back of my car and delivered ,even if i had to set off at 5.30 in the morning if yous in the smoke

• Like 1

There is a business out there called SHIPLY.com, https://www.shiply.com/

I have used them around 20 times for varying items; heavy (100kgs) to delicate and large, and they have proved really good.. Your local courier businesses sign up and when you advertise you item and its collection/delivery point, the quotes come back for the route you request.. all are insured and usually capable of moving awkward loads.. e.g your gearbox... You dont need to choose the cheapest, just the one that understands what you need moving and the importance of it..

My experience of Shiply has been varied and worthy of a thread on its own.

FWIW I would deliver it myself 40miles. Nobody will be as careful with it as you!:D

Cheers guys, simply no time to deliver it but I've got a small pallet now so it can go nice and safely!

2 hours ago, Screenman said:

Sounds like the local man with a van job to me.

At the moment the 'local van with a man' is doing gardening and driveways! Lol

• Like 2

Oh and a top tip on Shiply. If you have to pay extra for two guys, make sure the other guy actually materialises! And hasn't been "dropped off round the corner to get something?"