Sign in to follow this  
Earunder

Lots Of Enquiries and Finance Apps

April has been a really really weird start.  We've had a lot of enquiries, finance applications and walk ons but nothing concrete in terms of sales, just passing through the month it seems.  Our finance account managers are begging for deals but it's all been below sub prime apps, the walk ons have been "browsers" and the enquiries have all been chancers. 

Have had a great run from December last year until the end of March, just wondered how you girls and guys are finding it?

Same. A few looking, one got cold feet at the last minute and one failed a finance application 

I'm in a completely different league to you (i.e. have far less stock)

Sold 1 and gone

99% sold another - bought specifically for someone and they are chasing me to collect (it's in prep)

Enquiries are up 10 fold - but so are the messers

15 minutes ago, EPV said:

Same. A few looking, one got cold feet at the last minute and one failed a finance application 

Yeah it's a strange one.  I thought I'd compare it to last years Aprils start and it got me all upset haha

15 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I'm in a completely different league to you (i.e. have far less stock)

Sold 1 and gone

99% sold another - bought specifically for someone and they are chasing me to collect (it's in prep)

Enquiries are up 10 fold - but so are the messers

I love the (pre-order) ones.  Especially if they go through on a prime deal.

Yeah what;'s up with the down and out enquiries?  Is there a forum for all these numpties to congregate where they decide on what months to all come out from their caves?

The one car at the start of the month I was chuffed at selling was my missus.  That's one that fell through!!!  Buggers

Well, at least last nights football games were good.  Missus wasn't happy as I watched star wars the last jedi after :D

Very few enquiries, but have sold a few. (Last April was really busy weirdly)  

One hasn’t gone out yet, as the (old boy’s) wife rang to cancel saying ‘he’s nuts’ and ‘he does this’.  

He’s now emailing and calling saying she’s an old bag basically and he does want the car. Joys!

We should have known really when he could only stump up a £200 dipper on the day. Luckily we’ve not sent it off for the Pdi & MOT. 

Something I have had plenty of is “watchers” on eBay. Not a single call though. What are they watching for? I don’t understand that. 

34 minutes ago, Earunder said:

We've had a lot of enquiries, finance applications and walk ons but nothing concrete in terms of sales, just passing through the month it seems. 

Easter holidays...i'd expect nothing less!

We're exactly the same. Plenty of traffic but they're 90% bored dads trying to escape the kids, bored mums trying to escape the kids, bored grand parents trying to escape the kids. Next week should be back to normal.

15 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Very few enquiries, but have sold a few. (Last April was really busy weirdly)  

One hasn’t gone out yet, as the (old boy’s) wife rang to cancel saying ‘he’s nuts’ and ‘he does this’.  

He’s now emailing and calling saying she’s an old bag basically and he does want the car. Joys!

We should have known really when he could only stump up a £200 dipper on the day. Luckily we’ve not sent it off for the Pdi & MOT. 

Haha I love the ones with a story to tell.  Will he / won't he... :D

13 minutes ago, EPV said:

Something I have had plenty of is “watchers” on eBay. Not a single call though. What are they watching for? I don’t understand that. 

Yeah I've never got the watchers list...  I don't watch anything on my Ebay?  I either want it and add it to the cart ready to buy when I can or don't want it and move on? 

3 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Easter holidays...i'd expect nothing less!

We're exactly the same. Plenty of traffic but they're 90% bored dads trying to escape the kids, bored mums trying to escape the kids, bored grand parents trying to escape the kids. Next week should be back to normal.

Yeah true.  I'll be in a similar escaping the kids group next year.  I'll be finding the escaping the wife and kid group more to my liking :D

2 hours ago, Earunder said:

just wondered how you girls and guys are finding it?

Absolutely dead sales wise. A few penniless credit card men on the phone, dickhead emailers & a couple of viewings from tyrekickers - one immediately admitted he was on a skive from work & mine was the 5th he’d looked at!

Another example is a phone call on a £4500 truck - “I’ve got about half of the money, I’ll phone you if I manage to get the other half”. What f***ing phone in the first place!?!!

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Snap. Watchers mean zilch, it’s buyers we all want.

Reassuring that everyone else is quiet. Seems a good week to crack on with the VAT Return. There wasnt even a queue at the jacket potato stand at lunch!

Bet it isn't quiet where I am going - BCA Online - NOW (oops, I'm late)

17 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Bet it isn't quiet where I am going - BCA Online - NOW (oops, I'm late)

I've gone to the dark side and switched back to Manheim :ph34r: