Sign in to follow this  
DHill

Help with corsa d weird problem

Hi guys, any help would be appreciated on this one as car is due to go out on Saturday but can't seem to find the solution.

2011 Corsa D 1.2 petrol, the indicators don't seem to self cancel when driving. I've changed the steering module behind the steering in which the stalks go into (SIM module?) but no luck.

Codes are C0460 steering angle sensor implausible signal, fault doesn't clear. No warning lights on dash. Drives well otherwise although power steering does feel a bit on the heavy side.

Anyone had anything similar? I need to stop dealing in Vauxhalls :wacko:

It uses the steering angle sensor to cancel the indicators. Have you tried to re learn the steering angle sensor using diagnostic equipment? Is the steering wheel straight when driving?

I think the steering angle sensor may be inside the column unit/motor.

That will explain the heavy feeling.

Edited by Stalker

Most likely needing a steering column. A common problem with corsas.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys, it's going in today to re calibrate the sensor so let's see what happens. 

I see western power steering do recon columns, any experience with these guys? Want to be prepared just in case it comes down to the column.

I will check the battery tradex, I have had electric power steering issues before on these cars due to a weak battery. Thanks

14 minutes ago, DHill said:

Thanks for the replies guys, it's going in today to re calibrate the sensor so let's see what happens. 

I see western power steering do recon columns, any experience with these guys? Want to be prepared just in case it comes down to the column.

I will check the battery tradex, I have had electric power steering issues before on these cars due to a weak battery. Thanks

We have used them several times, very good indeed. If it a sales car and time is not a problem, its easy enough to change just the sensor, however until you have it stripped you wont know which sensor it has fitted. You will need to get the numbers off it.

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

We have used them several times, very good indeed. If it a sales car and time is not a problem, its easy enough to change just the sensor, however until you have it stripped you wont know which sensor it has fitted. You will need to get the numbers off it.

So it looks like it's down to the sensor/column as the computer won't calibrate the sensor.

Time is an issue so I think I'll just get in touch with these guys and get a recon organised.

I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks guys

Carnage on the dance floor as we say in sunny wales, such a shame the corsa is a cracking seller just wish they would last longer than a week before they turn up with the same old faults

never done one or corsa c but the corsa b were a peach to do as it was literally a pot you adjusted with the wheels clear of the ground and then start it up

once the wheel didnt turn in one direction but stayed straight ahead you nipped everything up filled it back up with the glue gun and away you went

these modern cars are a real pain as often you cant calibrate it without a scope and know how to use it

I have never got as far as steering problem the head gasket tends to fall apart at the seams first. 

We have done 4 columns this year and a few timing chains but never needed to do a head gasket. Got one in stock ready and waiting just in case.

2 hours ago, WTAC said:

We have done 4 columns this year and a few timing chains but never needed to do a head gasket. Got one in stock ready and waiting just in case.

MIght be the years i am dealing with 2008 - 2010 had five in total or i am very unlucky 

it seems you can centralise these yourself, [has the car recently had a clutch or something ? dropping subframe disconnecting steering i am thinking ? ]

qoute = disconnecting battery, removing airbag & Steering wheel and centralising the CIM - I'm told there's a release catch on the slip ring so you can turn it from lock - lock, count the turns and then centralise it.

41 minutes ago, justina3 said:

MIght be the years i am dealing with 2008 - 2010 had five in total or i am very unlucky 

not being kidded are you ? the gasket behind water pump fails, puts water straight in sump, hence mayo, couple of hour job ;)

12 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

not being kidded are you ? the gasket behind water pump fails, puts water straight in sump, hence mayo, couple of hour job ;)

Side case gasket, we remove the sump now and pressurise the coolant bottle and look to see where the water goes. 

28 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

it seems you can centralise these yourself, [has the car recently had a clutch or something ? dropping subframe disconnecting steering i am thinking ? ]

qoute = disconnecting battery, removing airbag & Steering wheel and centralising the CIM - I'm told there's a release catch on the slip ring so you can turn it from lock - lock, count the turns and then centralise it.

Kidded me ?? Nope we do all our own repair work so no will pull wool over my eyes, there junk engines the old ones where much stronger