Sign in to follow this  
Rosemotors

Trade-relevant apps

Hi.

I'm new round here, so firstly, I'll introduce myself.

I'm Philip. I'm opening a used site in Lyme Regis on December 1st (Rose Motors. Go give me a "like" on Facebook.Thanks.).

I've been away from the business for a while so I'm not really up to speed on a few things.

Have any of you found any little gems on the App Store, like maybe a vehicle appraisal app, contact manager etc etc.

Thanks for reading. 

Welcome sir! Thanks for joining. I know Auto Trader have one. I use that every now and then when we're looking for our trading up cars. I'm sure there are plenty of others. I'll let the real dealers answer that question.

Good luck with the launch! Let us know how it goes.

Hi Philip, 

Welcome back to the to the trade ! Wishing you good luck with the new site!

I don't particularly use any app's but if you do find any good ones please share with us :) 

Not come across anything particularly useful on App Store. Most of the trade stuff works well via mobile though so I just create a short cut on the home screen for the stuff I use regularly. ATM, Online Auctions and trade forums etc.

Guys, thanks for the replies.

I was thinking maybe an appraisal form or any other useful stuff.

I'd love to cut down the amount of stuff I have to do paper-based.

Similarly, if anyone has a readymade spreadsheet for invoicing that'd be great too.

Hi Philip.

I am a little tech savvy and love the apps. I am going to bore you and tell you what I have in the "work" app folder on my phone.

Pages - Manage your facebook page more efficiently than the standard facebook app.

VA - Cap's valuation anywhere, handy for when you are away from the desk.

Manheim - Self explanatory.

BCA - Self explanatory.

Portal mobile - Autotraders dealer portal good for uploading photos taken with your phone but nothing else. I would always use the web based version as it is mobile and tablet optimised, however you can't upload photos this way.

Autotrader- the customer facing app.

Santander - for online banking on the move

Adobe reader - this is great. Download your auction catalogues in .pdf format. Open them on your ipad and then you can use reader to annotate, add text, draw all over it. I find it mega useful for auctions. As the catalogues on the day sometimes don't have guide prices.

Good garage scheme - so I can check out our amazing feedback :D

HPI - hpi checks on the road. Ideal

Numbers - spread sheets on the phone,

Trainline - if you can't be arsed to drive and might be collecting a car, book a train ticket

National rail - for when your train is then cancelled and you need to look for a replacement

Waze - the best sat nav for when you are lost

• Like 2

When I last tried you can only do this via the app, and not the web site. Only on a computer. Please let me know if they have changed this though.

And p.s. I forgot to mention about appraisal apps. If you find one or want to make one, let me know as I have been looking for something along those lines.

Thanks

James