Sign in to follow this  
Dan W

Not brought me part ex with me...

This last week has been quite frustrating with customers coming in and making an effort to visit us from quite far distances and not bring their part ex with them.

we have had a few examples recently where we gave a rough price subject to seeing theirs only for it to show up and its a utter mess. I know buyers are liars some of these seem to be genuine mistakes from customers but to not bring your car its starting to get silly.

4 customers in this weekend so far, all travelled from at least 20 mins away and oh we didn't bring our px but it all depends what we get for it... we are refusing to look at any part ex price unless its on site.

We even just flat out asked the last gentleman why haven't you brought it if its so important to the deal ? you wouldn't buy my car without viewing it and we wouldn't buy or value yours.  his response well if you going to be like that I will take my business elsewhere. yes sir please do !

I've had this in the past just refuse to deal with them unless the bring it in. 

These people never cease to amaze me, I'm totally fed up of the mentality of these messers, had people yesterday left a deposit over the phone only to turn up and try to get 400 quid off. Moaned about 1 or 2 stone chips on an 8 year old car with 70k on the clock. I'd love to know where these people go next and if they actually end up buying a car. 

Feel like saying, "I'm sorry sir but we don't sell new used vehicles" 

Dan, you need to qualify the customer and get a commitment prior to appointing them, they need to know your time isnt to be wasted (politely) and you only appoint genuine buyers, equally they need to know that you guarantee you will not be wasting their very precious time. If they start making excuses, “I have 27 other vehicles I need to see before I ask my dad for a loan.....

My method is upfront and fare and ensures neither parties time isn’t wasted. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Dan, you need to qualify the customer and get a commitment prior to appointing them, they need to know your time isnt to be wasted (politely) and you only appoint genuine buyers, equally they need to know that you guarantee you will not be wasting their very precious time. If they start making excuses, “I have 27 other vehicles I need to see before I ask my dad for a loan.....

Hi

1 was an appointment and we asked him to bring his car., the others just showed up,

Edited by Dan W

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Isn’t that an oxy moron?

Think you mean, ensures neither parties time IS wasted... :P

Loving the irony.

I think you'll not find that it isn't not an oxymoron (one word by the way; as an oxy is a pain killer, your two-word version is both wrong and rude).

I would suggest that double negative isn't the term you weren't looking for.

;)

11 minutes ago, GreenGiant said:

Loving the irony.

I think you'll not find that it isn't not an oxymoron (one word by the way; as an oxy is a pain killer, your two-word version is both wrong and rude).

;)

What he said ^^^^^^^^ :unsure:

I did say double negative, you must have read it wrong!! :P

4 hours ago, GreenGiant said:

Loving the irony.

;)

Loving the irony aswell......:lol:

9 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Loving the irony aswell......:lol:

*as well :P

14 hours ago, GreenGiant said:

Loving the irony.

;)

7 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

*as well :P

I hate ironing

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Now is it....... Ass hole or Asshole? :lol:

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Look, his handle is Obsessive Compulsion Syndrome, you won't get away with that Arthur:D

I just like to have the last word, but shall we call it quits and make friends?? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I just like to have the last word, but shall we call it quits and make friends?? :lol:

we’re all friends ;)