Sign in to follow this  
Autolink100

Nissan Leaf Battery Ownership

Does anyone know anything about this. I have been asked to take one in but I don't know anything about them. Are they leased or something similar and how would I go about finding out

Cheers

Some are leased and some (usually the early ones that were sold at big money) are owned. I’ve never got involved but I’d GUESS a Nissan Dealer would point you in the right direction.

I was watching one online,described as from a council direct,but there was no mention of the battery status or whether it had charging cables .If you buy one for stock and the batteries are leased are you liable for the outstanding lease.What happens if you sell one having bought it in the trade with owned batteries,then you find out they are leased,who is liable.I think the batteries are £5k anyway,it sounds like a minefield to me but I am interested to know.

i assume those that bought them outright owned the batteries

thing is unless you is a dealer you are going to get pounded if something goes wrong once sold as you will be at the mercy of people who really know how to pull your trunks down

dont do it

ring dealer and ask him for a trade in price of the reg before you do anything

most probably seller has already done this

Thanks for the input . Sounds like a minefield. I think a call to the main dealer might be in order.

I am not ready for that stuff - I’m still worrying about engines and boxes working properly, let alone a set of batts to worry about as well - especially regarding who actually owns them.

All manufacturers are moving away from leasing batteries, it was meant to be so that punters had the reassurance that they would be replaced if they failed. Reality its, they are proving to be more reliable than the old dinosaur burners. Most manufacturers now are happy to sell out the lease on the batteries to the owner. I don't think its unreasonably priced given what chargemaster were telling me a couple of weeks back, and generally the leased battery cars are fetching less in the lanes, its only when buying from a punter you need to be careful In time this will go away though !