Sign in to follow this  
harry1

DPF Issue

Hi Guys, 

My first post so apologies if I am not following etiquette. I've been following the forum for a while but only managed to get registered today!

I have a 2014 Toyota Auris 1.4 Diesel, The engine management light has been on for a few weeks but as the service was due, I thought I would wait and get it checked then. Now that I got it checked, the mechanic said it is a DPF issue and advised to do the 20 mins on a mway on 4th gear..that hasn't worked. Someone recommended I use the Wyann's DPF cleaner which is about £20 for 500ml from eurocarparts and you just add it to your fuel. Does anyone have any experience of this or know whether it will help?

Thanks

I had a1.4 Yaris Diesel.

Sold it. Dpf light came on within a couple of weeks. My garage injected some cleaner into the Dpf, worked fine for a fortnight then light came on again. Took it to Toyota and they performed a regen, very reasonable £68+Vat. 2 weeks later light reappeared. Took dpf off and got it professionally cleaned. Been ok since. 

Had another one that the injection stuff cured.

My point is. It might. It might not. Sorry!!

If you have sold it and are worried customer might reject it I would get it professionally cleaned.

Proper Diagnosis required I'd say. if it was the DPF, DPF light should be on?

In my experience when DPFs are full they either need unfilling or replacing. No amount of “£10 magic in a bottle” will clear out a load of bunged up carbon.

As has already been said. It needs proper diagnosis, Glow plugs working correctly? Fuel level must not be low etc.

They aren't really too mush hassle DPFs it just a case of they often mask other faults which need to be rectified first.

Yeah I thought the same that the DPF light would be on and not EM light if it was the DPF but I didn't take it to the mechanic so I will have to go and see him directly and get to the bottom of it. The stop start also stopped working once the EM light came on.

On a side note, do you know if the 1.4 Diesel Auris Touring Sports (Estate) has a single mass or dual mass flywheel? 

16 minutes ago, tradex said:

Sound's  more like a civilian post:rolleyes:

it does when you read it again! or may just be a trader who likes to drive round in a diesel auris as his smoker (maybe it had a load of fuel in when it came in....)

58 minutes ago, tradex said:

Sound's  more like a civilian post:rolleyes:

Its one of "them"

Strangers from the outside! :blink:

haha are traders not civilians? I'm a bit part trader (have a full time job) but haven't bought any stock this year due to a number of reasons and only sold one. I'm using the Auris as a short term personal car  but just wanted to know about the flywheel because if it's dual then it will be more expensive. 

Funny, I thought that too but I chucked in my two penneth worth anyway.

I thought maybe a private, can I revise my original advise? Only way to clear light has to be done at 3am, sit in car with rear doors open, remove all your clothes as the static from them may upset the process,, start car and hold accelerator to floor for a full 10 minutes while pressing horn at the same time as reciting the Koran...... sorted the EML is no longer your biggest problem 

• Like 2