Sign in to follow this  
Linctrader

How much do you pay garage to complete PDI?

Afternoon all,

I'm thinking of using the Lawgistics PDI forms for my local mechanic to complete for each car I bring in.

Some of you use these, my question is how much do you pay/or are charged for completing and stamping this? How long does it take your guy to complete it approx?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what garage will complete a PDi for you.  That means their putting their name to your car which can cause a legal nightmare.

If you're not sure what to put on a PDi it's pretty simple.  Stuff you know.

I've mentioned in another thread what you should be able to do.  Have a quick search

Edited by Earunder

9 minutes ago, Earunder said:

I'm not sure what garage will complete a PDi for you.  That means their putting their name to your car which can cause a legal nightmare.

If you're not sure what to put on a PDi it's pretty simple.  Stuff you know.

I've mentioned in another thread what you should be able to do.  Have a quick search

Thanks - i could fill it out, I guess it's mostly down to having an independent garage completing it should add confidence for buyers and if issues crop up later any judge should see it isn't just something I've filled out to make the car sound better than it is.

The guy I use for work is decent I just don't want to take the piss by asking him to complete this and then insulting him with my offer of payment (or getting overcharged on the other side).

I will look for your thread though to learn more. Cheers

If you're doing this to add value and confidence for your customers, then maybe you need to think about a recognised brand, rather than Bob from the local garage. Not saying that Bob wouldn't do a grand job, but in the eyes of your customers, would it hold any value? Otherwise you may as well do this yourself, at least it shows you have checked it over.....

I Use a local RAC approved garage @ £40 ph trade labour , PDI for me is like a mini MOT ie check lights , levels , pressures & roadtest and advise pads/discs/shocks/tyres/oil leaks etc . That's half an hour , on top we normally do oil & Filter as that earns a stamp in the service book and anything less than six months gets an MOT . So a 'clean' car is about £75 inc oil/filter , hope that helps

We use several local workshops for our PDi's and both of them hate using the Lawgistics ones, I can't believe anybody actually works their way through that lot no matter how thorough you are, the car would be in the workshop for hours.

We had to switch over to some other ones which are still pretty comprehensive buy much simpler. Normally takes them about 30 mins if they are not doing a service at the same time

Regardless of how recently any car I purchase (through whatever source) has been serviced, I always send every single one to my local garage for PDI and at the bare minimum an oil service.  I pay £30 for PDI (that's what I offered, I am sure he would do it for nothing because I have cars with him all the time) and about £45 for oil and filter (plus the all important stamp).  I think the £100 ish is a worthwhile investment but my cars are never the cheapest (and they never were when I traded years ago either.