Sign in to follow this  
Earunder

Anyone actually bother with the UKCGR sections?

Well to put it into perspective I bought a 58 308 1.4 out of UKCGR last year. Won it for around £700 plus fee’s. Turned out it had an immobiliser fault that would of cost more to repair than it was worth. Just out of interest I got an online quote off WBAC to see if it worth offloading back to them. 

They offered me £410+ £50 admin fee and that was before even seeing the car which they will always try and knock down more on inspection.

So if that’s what they gave the original owner for it BCA made around £500 on just that one car and that was on a cheap day. Cap was around £1500 on it if I remember correctly.

14 hours ago, trade vet said:

In the 6 months to Oct 17 BCA sold 107,000 WBAC vehicles,up 20% on the previous 6 months.As most of these would be bought by the trade,I think this underlines the fact that they must be a good source of stock for many dealers........Can you imagine how many of these WBAC have’ nicked’,I imagine ,it must be a large proportion.

I'm looking at Blackbushe on Monday, about 940 cars in total, nearly half are UKCGR stuff? You can't really choose to ignore it?

I wonder how many of those 107k returned a profit, or ended up in a skip?:D

And can someone explain in 'real' terms the difference between 'premium', 'select', 'trade' and 'no reserve'?

No reserve is pretty much just the scrap value stuff. Trade is anything newish with mega miles or rough bodywork, older stuff with low mileage and clean, cat c/d’s. Select tends to be clean with good history and mostly AA assured and premium is stuff under a certain age/mileage although a few still seam to slip into the wrong catagories.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, met said:

I'm looking at Blackbushe on Monday, about 940 cars in total, nearly half are UKCGR stuff? You can't really choose to ignore it?

I wonder how many of those 107k returned a profit, or ended up in a skip?:D

And can someone explain in 'real' terms the difference between 'premium', 'select', 'trade' and 'no reserve'?

I see what you mean,Blackbushe have stuff in the Trade  no reserve section ,which would probably be in the premium section up north and Scotland......typical for Blackbushe.

Regarding how many entries returned a profit.....Well ,I have just looked at recent BCA financial results and they have now expanded WBAC into several European countries but in a different name,that tells you the story.Looking further and buried in their 2016 results ,I found WBAC is stated to have contributed over £17m profit.In their latest  interim results,WBAC was stated as being  up 20% on the previous year,so no wonder they can afford to spend £15m on advertising.