Sign in to follow this  
Sensei

Where are all these so called Clampers?

Exactly .... as i cant see them

As here in the dodgy Del Boy kerbside trading county of Essex .. the pavement cars sale brigade are still laughing still parking thier pride and joys ..DFS front room cars of the week outside advertising TAX n mot and clearly the car is in trade unregistered and NOT a DVLA ANPR in sight. .. so much for the 1st October new law .. complete waste of time.

I can tell you they are in my end of town for sure !

Tell them to pop into Essex and the bacon butties and teas are on me .. :-)

Will do !

They are overly keen around these parts, I suspect they may be sub contracted by the DVLA, but they do look quite official with the big ANPR camera stuck on top of the white vans

In the old days they used to use a transit with a little camera on each corner of the roof?

I was up near a Bracknell last week for a meeting and there was a big police operation on which I assumed was for tax and insurance. But white van parked over a dual carriageway and police cars and bikes on all exits stopping anyone flagged up.

I was in my wife's new car which I had literally just picked up but wasn't stopped. However I certainly feared I would be. I thought it was good to see them out in force. First time I'd spotted something like this since the change.