Sign in to follow this  
peter..o

PRIUS

Hi guys,not had one of these,got a customer looking to p/x 2006 prius t spirit 120,000 proper car 2 owners,with history etc.(not toyota),any ideas on a value/underwrite,thanks in advance,Peter

I’ve seen these at higher miles but not sold one over 70k. I like them and haven’t had any issues with them.  

I would just put it on eBay if it was me, as retailing it would be a nightmare in my opinion. Especially if a hybrid health check hasn’t been done recently  

Youll get a fair PX price idea from We buy any car or the free PX valuation on Autotrader etc. 

Just out of interest, how long do Toyota reckon the batteries last in these? Can you test them?

I got told 10 years, but I think this is just main dealers usual scare tactics.

I’ve had plentry of 06 ones and no problem. I even sold an 07 recently and (long story) the customer later insisted it HAD go to Toyota for a service and health check because he thought it had missed a service and it was getting 4 MPG less than his old one! Anyway, passed their health check etc with flying colours. 

Thanks for replys,we told the guy £2000 in p/x but am thinking may be worth a bit moore with all the posative vibes about hybrids at the mo.any thoughts??

You’ll know about it if that hybrid battery goes poop. Asking for trouble if you retail it I reckon but I’m ‘risk averse’ nowadays 

I'm curious because the early Prius's are getting on a bit now and they still have a healthy following, especially from minicab drivers?

Yeah, seen them at loads of miles and still going strong. You just know if you retailed one it’ll go wrong or the customers expectations will be an issue. 

Would be my luck anyway. 

Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Miles 12 year old Prius :unsure:

If a dashboard light flashes up on that baby you can guess it’d be more involved than a 1.6 Astra :blink: You couldn’t even Blu-Tak over the bulb :lol:

Interesting that most of them have ended up as minicabs/Ubers etc. Maybe they thrive on hard use rather than pottering about on school runs?

Although I noticed a minicab driver near me who's Prius is sitting in the road outside his house burnt out?:ph34r:

I wouldn't touch one, it'll attract a the cheapest pocket most highest expectation type of buyer.......Beware

44 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I wouldn't touch one, it'll attract a the cheapest pocket most highest expectation type of buyer.......Beware

Yep that's the dream punter alright, 'loadsa' money and low expectations:D

44 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Yep. I assume that’s a polite way of saying a greedy c*** :lol:

Surely not worse than 1.9 TDI Passat estate men?? Discuss!

Round our way they used to be the taxi of choice once all the old Octavias had died but everyone seems to be moving onto newer Diesel stuff now, mostly lovely specced C and E classes so they can't be doing too badly even with Uber around. Most of the guys i've chatted to loved them for reliability but said the battery was the only issue. There was a big backstreet lease place locally that supplied them and replaced the batteries for around £1200 (not from Toyota) and did some magic with a laptop to get them on the road again.

Interesting thing but I wouldn't stock one...we struggle replacing a battery on a Mazda let alone one of those!

13 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Round our way they used to be the taxi of choice once all the old Octavias had died but everyone seems to be moving onto newer Diesel stuff now, ......

The government are obviously in a difficult position with diesels. They must be working hard to find a way to 'spank' private motorists but not business users. I'm guessing if higher VED and impossible emission at MOT time doesn't work they'll have to apply some extra revenue on the pump prices that HGV's will be exempt from.

Does anyone remember back in the day when the only diesel passenger vehicles were black cabs? Or having to queue to use a pump covered in diesel behind a line of lorries:D