Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Rough Auctions

Seen a few escapades at some of the auctions, remember at Royston road, a little guy called Jacky slashed someone’s face over £20 he was due. Also at Smag Aberdeen a guy got his face slashed on both sides, there was blood all over the place.

I remember Brentford. I used to go there occasionally in the mid to late 80s when I first started working with my father. What I most remember is what a ball ache it was to get there from from Croydon.

Has anyone mentioned Wandsworth Bridge Auction yet? Is it still there?

35 minutes ago, Autolink100 said:

I remember Brentford. I used to go there occasionally in the mid to late 80s when I first started working with my father. What I most remember is what a ball ache it was to get there from from Croydon.

Do you remember Broad Green Service Station, just down from Sinatra's in Croydon, I had cars on there in the early eighties, or Balham Car sales the Total petrol station in Balham was another place. Along with a few more, all a long time ago.

Mitcham auction, that was a place I found shall we say different. Can I remember going to a Bracknell auction as well?

Featherstone Auction near Pontefract or the good old days at Morley near Leeds. I can still smell the fumes!

2 hours ago, Autolink100 said:

Blimey, that's going back a few years!:D

4 hours ago, Screenman said:

Do you remember Broad Green Service Station, just down from Sinatra's in Croydon, I had cars on there in the early eighties, or Balham Car sales the Total petrol station in Balham was another place. Along with a few more, all a long time ago.

Mitcham auction, that was a place I found shall we say different. Can I remember going to a Bracknell auction as well?

I remember that pitch well, that was very much my manor in the early eighties, virtually opposite The Star pub if it's the one I'm thinking of. Is it still there?. CMA and later Manheim at Mitcham was one of my main auctions, I was forever shuttling stuff between there and Dingwalls in Beddington Farm Road. Happy days

21 hours ago, Tradewize said:

Seen a few escapades at some of the auctions, remember at Royston road, a little guy called Jacky slashed someone’s face over £20 he was due. Also at Smag Aberdeen a guy got his face slashed on both sides, there was blood all over the place.

Yes I know Jackie :lol: