Sign in to follow this  
It's me

first new mot

been away so not had internut but i don't see mention of this on here?

A vehicle's first MOT will remain at 3 years

Today (18 January 2018) the Department for Transport (DfT) announced the result of their consultation to extend a vehicle's first MOT to 4 years. 

Most of the responses to the consultation were against the proposals on safety grounds, and DfT has announced a vehicle's first MOT will stay at 3 years.

20 hours ago, tradex said:

Don't agree with cars over 40 years old no longer needing a ticket, FFS what were they thinking or smoking:o

me too

ive seen everything over the years

pop rivets

plaster of paris

sundays supplement

never mind brakes that havent been checked since 1975 and what about things liike seized trunnions,these werent changed until the mot man failed them so they arent going to be greased by the majority of people running these old death boxes to get cheaper insurance now

On 23/01/2018 at 8:01 PM, tradex said:

Don't agree with cars over 40 years old no longer needing a ticket, FFS what were they thinking or smoking:o

Ahhh, but cos it’s parked up it doesn’t need any maintenance, does it?

And even if it did the owner has a £30 jack & a £20 Halfords socket set to “Have a quick look myself” cos lying on his back on his drive on a weekend gives him a better insight than an MOT tester looking at it on the ramps.

A fine piece of European legislation that we should of ignored. One day there will be some tragedy such as a bus stop wiped out by some home mechanic’s ill-maintained (knackered) Cortina.