Sign in to follow this  
HKQAC

Advert write ups and proper vehicle advetising

Im looking for some honest opinions on some of my adverts?  Interested what everyone thinks of the adverts for some cars ive had in for over 60 days now.  The main thing I'm concerned about is maybe the write-up, whether its too much info, or its trying to sell the car too hard and make it sound like a desperate sell.  

Edited by HKQAC

5 hours ago, HKQAC said:

Hi, I don’t think the banner looks good, also the photos need to be consistent and not taken in bright light. The trees reflecting on the bodywork is unattractive. IMO your write up is ok ;) 

I agree with Arfur, the write up is fine, I would just re-photo the cars in more of a consistent way with better lighting :)

As above .. spend more time on your photo's.. remember this is the first thing any potential customer will see. 

> Looks like you have chucked a sign over the wall at the local boozer and got some snaps
> Cars that aren't yours in the back ground
> Bonnet open on other cars (you might not think it but people will notice this) 
> Different angles/heights on all the photo's

Perhaps invest in a tripod (you can mount a DSLR with ease or you can also attach a phone to them too) this will mean all your pics will be a the same height going around the car and aim for a full circle. 

Customer's can be a fickle bunch ! "why haven't they shown the front bumper at the same angle as the other's??" etc... If you are confident in what you are selling you should take pride in it, and portray it in the best way possible to your audience. 

Agreed with all said above, and i never show the engine bay no matter how clean it is people worry about engines and your reminding them about there fears. 

• Like 1

Ditto......The banner looks like an afterthought...Nice website,good stock,I would embellish your CVs on the website,if it is a family business get some photos taken from within your workshop,family,staff,kids,dog etc it will present an image of a proper garage business.You have to try and present an image that may help those  punters who may live 30 miles away to make the effort to come and view your stock......more bullshit needed !

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately i dont have an indoor showroom.  The cars in the background are actually ours, but i wouldn't know how to show that through our pictures to be honest!

Not sure how i would tackle lighting without having an indoor showroom unless anybody has any suggestions, or examples of how they combat it?

Also i think my pictures are consistent in that they are all in the same sequence and format, is that what you mean?  

Sounds like the banner looks tacky, shall i just get rid?  Or is there a better alternative?

cheers guys

Don't take the pics underneath a tree as mentioned above, find a nice area and the sign itself isn't all that bad (just maybe it slung on the wall makes it look bad) 

Have you considered a plate cover with the company name on ?

I agree with all the above, the trees are causing the issue with shade, perhaps try and pick a particular time in the day where the light is at it's best? (I know that's easier said than done sometimes).

Perhaps I'm being picky here, but, ".......and a 12 months MOT with all advisories repaired at our expense...." I can understand why you're saying that, but to me it reads like you expect each car to have a list of advisories on each vehicle which doesn't inspire confidence. Other's may disagree, but it was just how I read it, although I appreciate the sentiment behind it.

Lastly, don't beat yourself up if your cars don't always fly out of the door. I'm sure most of us at some point have had some of what we think are our best cars, sit for a little longer than expected. :)

45 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Agreed with all said above, and i never show the engine bay no matter how clean it is people worry about engines and your reminding them about there fears. 

I always show a clean engine bay. I agree customers are worried about engines so showing a clean engine bay not covered in muck and leaves gives the impression that the car has been well maintained to a punter.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have just purchased a DSLR camera and am really struggling to get the lighting right on the photos.They all seem very dim compared to say if I take one on my phone. Do you guys who use one have any tips or 'must do's'?

Edited by James01

20 minutes ago, James01 said:

I always show a clean engine bay. I agree customers are worried about engines so showing a clean engine bay not covered in muck and leaves gives the impression that the car has been well maintained to a punter.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have just purchased a DSLR camera and am really struggling to get the lighting right on the photos.They all seem very dim compared to say if I take one on my phone. Do you guys who use one have any tips or 'must do's'?

Polarising Lens filter for the exterior shots, take off for interior.

You can't just take pics with a DSLR and then upload and go like you would with say an iphone you do need to edit and tweak them via software. Quite a learning curve but the results are better when you stick with it. 

37 minutes ago, James01 said:

What are setting are you shooting in ? you can get pictures that don't need running through light room you just have to shoot in the correct setting. 

I have been shooting in aperture mode as I really like the look of a blurred background. I think my biggest problem has been finding somewhere with good light without being in direct sunlight.

If you shoot in Auto and check the histogram it will give you an idea of what you need to set your ISO at etc to then apply those settings to AV and work from there (oviously factor in that in AV you will get less light so may need to bump up your ISO until you are happy)

If they are over exposed and you cant go any lower on ISO just up your shutter speed, UV filters and tint filters (as noted above) are great and will take a lot of the reflection of the car and shot with your back to the sun and not into it. 

Thanks for the advice, still trying to get my head around shutter speeds, ISO etc!