Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Autotrader Forum Closure wef 19th January

Too all my friends on the Autotrader website, you are very welcome here :) 

Simon Pearce

www.transparancycars.co.uk 

BTW, they isn't so many rules here, you can swear freely (within reason) and have an opinion..... Too add, I am such a twat I can't even spell my own website.....

www.transparencycars.co.uk

• Like 3

Didn't really use it.  Kind of depressing place where everyone moans about silly things, moaning about new products from AT, moaning about Bethany's replies or just in general adults being sulky children.

I'm not one to bang AT's practice as many of you know, but they have a business model that works well for some dealers.  If it doesn't work for you, don't pay it and use your money more wisely elsewhere. 

I can see why they closed the forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earunder said:

Didn't really use it.  Kind of depressing place where everyone moans about silly things, moaning about new products from AT, moaning about Bethany's replies or just in general adults being sulky children.

I'm not one to bang AT's practice as many of you know, but they have a business model that works well for some dealers.  If it doesn't work for you, don't pay it and use your money more wisely elsewhere. 

I can see why they closed the forum.

what they do is ask you to contact them after you have tried to resolve a problem failed so then you post it on their forum where the bot beth picks it up

all pretty useless stuff 

Posted on it once about 4 years ago but stopped viewing the posts last year, thought I'd just take another quick look now and its like groundhog day and I remember why I stopped. I stopped going on there as I got depressed, nothing but autotrader bashing and negativty. there's a handful of very noisy people with their own agenda using it as their platform. If they were serious about wanting answers to questions and issues then they'd ring someone up or speak to their rep not post on a forum or go onto a social site., they didn't want answers, they wanted an audience.  lost all credibility for me. When I have a problem with autotrader I ring up my rep who comes and see's me, I don't whinge in front of my colleagues, I whinge to him. autotrader are far from perfect but I'm not surprised they're closing it to be honest,

• Like 1

I read the posts but never commented I saw one fella in particualr get a whole world of abuse once from so called professional business men because he said how happy he was with autotrader. I will miss it for the entertainment but thats about it. Never convinced that Beth wasnt some kind of a word processor or something anyway. 

HaHa, Completely agree ,they were laying into someone called Basil when I last looked, looked again today and its still going on! Cant believe it, very entertaining until they turned nasty on him, that's what I like about this forum, no bullyboy tactics, there's more respect for peoples opinions because its open even if people don't put there names and details on here - so what?. Not one or two opinionated people driving their own agenda in a secret little dark clubroom. And I reckon that Beth's one of those avatars, its really a hairy arsed developer called Geoff from Wigan

• Like 1

theres a link on my email telling me the forum has shut that is a video link on

and beth is not a bot:o