Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Complaint LAMBDA sensor failure

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

Arfur,you did well.Would you be able to explain roughly what the case against you was and why the judge threw it out.I have been to small claims court 3 times in the last 25 years with punters  and came second twice for no good reason and the other I won because the punter failed to appear.While I have won cases with builders,architects and notably BCA where I was the plaintiff.

It’s a long story but basically.... Bitch buys A6 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant (out of the box). When she got home to tax it she found out it was more than £500 she wanted to give it back... She gave me a shed load of abuse and I refused.  

Three weeks later gets an RD Letter with a quote from Audi for a leaking rear tailgate, she again wanted to reject the car because there was a fault and apparently it was dangerous, I refused and politely asked her to return it so I could look at it,she refused to return. It goes on and on, letter after letter.

Anyways we end up in court and the judge dismissed it because she refused to return it to me, even though she said it was dangerous she has amassed 7000 miles,  the car had never broken down (it was fit for purpose). He got her to cleverly admit that there was nothing wrong with the car when she bought it and because she refused to return it she had caused the MMI system to completely fail (driven to distruction). He even told her he was refusing to give her the right to appeal !!

Maybe.... I was a lucky Tigger :) 

10 hours ago, BHM said:

I’m interested in the concept of consultancy services. How do Lawgistics save you money? Do you regularly have cases to fight or are you valuing their advice?

Lawgistics is like having big brother looking after you.

I used them once last year on a guy who purchased a Range Rover Sport Supercharged, he was demanding a full refund months later on some strange rule in the distance sales regulations, well after a response from Lawgistics he then changed his tact to claiming thousands for alleged repairs, again another very well written letter asking him to return it for an inspection, he confirmed his appointment to return and didn’t show up.

You get coverage for 5 cases a year, but you can ring up for advice as much as you like. They even gave me help with advice on rental on my unit. In my book Lawgistics are worth every penny. I cannot recommend them highly enough :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It’s a long story but basically.... Bitch buys A6 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant (out of the box). When she got home to tax it she found out it was more than £500 she wanted to give it back... She gave me a shed load of abuse and I refused.  

Three weeks later gets an RD Letter with a quote from Audi for a leaking rear tailgate, she again wanted to reject the car because there was a fault and apparently it was dangerous, I refused and politely asked her to return it so I could look at it,she refused to return. It goes on and on, letter after letter.

Anyways we end up in court and the judge dismissed it because she refused to return it to me, even though she said it was dangerous she has amassed 7000 miles,  the car had never broken down (it was fit for purpose). He got her to cleverly admit that there was nothing wrong with the car when she bought it and because she refused to return it she had caused the MMI system to completely fail (driven to distruction). He even told her he was refusing to give her the right to appeal !!

Maybe.... I was a lucky Tigger :) 

Thank you for explaining,I think even I might have won that one.She must have been a ‘nutter’. 

I think any car dealer needs to know the law better than the customers so you can be completely confident in your decisions and what you should be doing / not doing.

I use Lawgistics and had a customer take me to court. I had responded and defended well confident in the law and my position of the law but the actual going to small claims court was different and I had no knowledge.

Ended up having the large claim struck out thanks to me defending well initially and lawgistics keeping me moving in the right direction at the end. Struck out at the last minute and I was in a very good mood that week. The worst customer I have ever had the misfortune of selling a car to so far who sent complaint letters totalling 20+ pages at a time.

• Like 1

im sure if you rang lawgistics on this case then after 11 days they would tell you to PAY 100% of costs or refund but try and haggle a reduction before you agree to full costs

so a 60% offer on labour is a win for you THIS TIME