Sign in to follow this  
Wheelerdealer1

Sytner online auctions

Is it just me or has Sytner online auctions gone to pot, cars regularly going well over cap and retail in some cases, most cars are relisted after selling many times with no reason given, also they aren’t doing hpi checks in px stock, I’ve been stung a few times with mileage errors now, shame as I used to get very good stock from there 

Edited by Wheelerdealer1

You're not wrong, Sytner was a quality brand that would sell cared for p/x's but sadly no longer. 

Yes Sytner’s gone to pot for us, but not for Sytner. Strong reserves usually blown out of the water by even stronger bids.

A few that don’t make the reserves are hawked around time & time again until some desperate twat eventually pays them what they want.

Any car is only as good as the appraiser & they do differ in quality. I swim at the bottom end & even I’ve noticed a high number of re-auctions, the question is; Are the relistings due to poor appraisal OR non-paying bidders (rather like Mohammed etc. on eBay)? Tbh whenever I win something on-line I wonder by how much I’ve been bid up by some twat who had little intention of buying.

• Like 1

I havent been able to buy a decent car off there for about 3 months, Dealer Auction is just as bad although I did manage to buy a couple before Xmas. Im giving AutoTradeMail another go and bought one yesterday, just back from BCA and I might as well have stayed in bed I know prices usually rise in Jan but some of the hammer prices were ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, SuperLease said:

I havent been able to buy a decent car off there for about 3 months, Dealer Auction is just as bad although I did manage to buy a couple before Xmas. Im giving AutoTradeMail another go and bought one yesterday, just back from BCA and I might as well have stayed in bed I know prices usually rise in Jan but some of the hammer prices were ridiculous. 

... same for me at Manheim Colchester last night. I understand these things are relative, and I wasn't looking at the prices of every car under the hammer but just the ones I was interested in, but I came home empty handed. Couldn't even be bothered to drive into Clacton from some chips!:D

Collected a sytner car yesterday and got chatting to a guy we deal with regularly, he was saying traders are giving their logins to private buyers who are logging in  and bidding then turning up with high expectations, it’s well known and apparently they don’t know how to stamp it out( sure) hence the large amount of non collections and relisting cars, even he had noticed many cars going well over Reserve