Having worked as an inspector at auction sites the reports are pretty bang on physically.

I remember checking out a Clio on BCA which sounded ok, the description was pretty thorough. When it was in the line up the 'inspector' hadn't noticed the nearside rear wheel at an odd angle! I guess these little things slip through sometimes :rolleyes:  :D

You'd probably find that wouldnt be under the inspectors role. The only thing we could note was scuffed wheels and tyre condition.

These days, BCA do have an engineer's report as well as a condition report. Although these are charged to you as a buyer.. as well as to the seller, effectively two charges for the same thing .And if you buy online you have to pay extra... and so does the seller - double bubble, yet again..

But if you buy an 'Assured' car there is a bit of a comeback. Although this costs more too... to the buyer and seller.

And if you have any margin left after having to bid against your own customers (or the wall!) to pay well over the odds for an edgy standard spec hatchback, and then having had to pay all the hidden 'extra' charges the auction house slap on, you then have the added privilege of AutoTrader taking the rest of your hard-earned for some superduper package that will give you the edge and definitely increase your enquiries.... 'cos they say it will, so it must be true. And the prices are going up again in January.

Greedy, greedy, boys; all of 'em.

I sense that the backlash against AutoTrader is only just beginning. A quick read of their own forum is a bit of an eyeopener. Has anyone else noticed a drop off in enquiries since the 'new' Search facility was introduced?

And why is the new design of both BCA and A/T's websites so similar?

These days, BCA do have an engineer's report as well as a condition report. Although these are charged to you as a buyer.. as well as to the seller, effectively two charges for the same thing .And if you buy online you have to pay extra... and so does the seller - double bubble, yet again..

But if you buy an 'Assured' car there is a bit of a comeback. Although this costs more too... to the buyer and seller.

And if you have any margin left after having to bid against your own customers (or the wall!) to pay well over the odds for an edgy standard spec hatchback, and then having had to pay all the hidden 'extra' charges the auction house slap on, you then have the added privilege of AutoTrader taking the rest of your hard-earned for some superduper package that will give you the edge and definitely increase your enquiries.... 'cos they say it will, so it must be true. And the prices are going up again in January.

Greedy, greedy, boys; all of 'em.

I sense that the backlash against AutoTrader is only just beginning. A quick read of their own forum is a bit of an eyeopener. Has anyone else noticed a drop off in enquiries since the 'new' Search facility was introduced?

And why is the new design of both BCA and A/T's websites so similar?

Not forgetting that the new BCA website looks like its been designed for primary schools kids to use! I told them that too! :D

Scottish Motor Group are impossible to follow online, nothing is ever in order and on the whole the descriptions aren't available

It is easier on the eye than Manheims though!

The old BCA website was the best. I've told them that too. :D

• Like 1

The old BCA website was the best. I've told them that too. :D

Agreed!  B)

• Like 1