williamblackshaw

Video of used vehicles

Any examples of people doing a great job? I've experimented with various options and still can't get a standard i am happy with. Links to the leaders in this field please

Thanks

Will, I've been playing with videos ! last few weeks I've videoed all my car sand now every single car has a video :

Let me know your thoughts ! :) 

My Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/autochange1

and this one a bit more about the business : http://youtu.be/Zu486IWko_8?list=UU3jTlGjiSC9xHsYVxAaOi-g

Any comments from anyone appreciated - good / bad hopefully not ugly :)  Enjoy !! 

Will , just a 'cheap' video camera i bought couple of years ago - probably better ones on the market for less money now! just simply up load to Youtube i did try to play with them all fancy etc but to be honest why waste time - simple up load - customers can see the car!  

I've experimented, problem is we have 50-60 used cars at one time so man power causes an issue, do you feel people want a video, my thoughts are as long as you've plenty good quality images what is the difference? I think if you talk about the car however this is good, the videos with back ground music or silent are a waste of time. Interested to see what others are finding is working

will, fully understand the 50/60 used cars! but a few weeks back when I decided i'd do them all - i had nearly 30 cars in stock - did them all - now obviously its easy as I do the new stock as soon as it comes in!  no one said it would be easy :) , If it was easy everyone would be doing them ! ;) 

Good pictures definitely help! two people last week one from London & one from Argyll put a deposit on cars due to number of images - but not just number but quality/angles etc - both also said they liked the video's , gave them more confidence! 

Take a look at the L&L Automotive used videos - they introduce each car and do a walk/talk round...see for example:http://www.landlautomotive.co.uk/mercedes-benz/used-mercedes-benz/useddetail.aspx?uvid=20689302&p=1 or take a look at Peter Vardy - via their Group website: http://www.petervardy.com//used-cars/11557/ delivered with a music soundtrack.

There are lots of different ways to do video for generic cars, but remember that a generic walk-round of a car is only the start of the opportunity that video engagement can offer the dealers / consumer...

Did anyone read the article by Jonathan Such (last page) in the September CD Mag ? After making an initial enquiry Jonathan received a personalised video introducing the sales person and a personalised walk round of the car made just for him and his wife and received only 20mins after having first rung the dealer !! He was so impressed he wrote about how vital it is to 'make the most of the contact you have with a customer'.... This dealer was using some of the CitNOW kit we supplied....

All of this may seem a 'bit much' at the moment but it won't be many years, or even many months before this won't be a step-too-far it'll be something that consumers (and definitely GenerationY) will be expecting.....

Make the most of video now while its still a wow and you will gain benefit in sales, goodwill & of course some video SEO....

• Like 1

It seems to be more the way forward on the classics as most go abroad, a quick vid of the engine running etc sent through viber or Whatsapp is usually requested

Haven't had much request for it on the modern stuff, but I don't think customers know a video can be made available and how easy it is, once more dealers offer it then in turn I think more customers will ask for a vid.

As with the good picture debate I think the vids on my Iphone come out quite will, easy to compress for send etc

The iPhone 6 out next month will have an even better camera, so these things are only going to get easier to produce

Used cars with good maintenance can be a better choice to go with rather than buying news ones. Just look through online for its assistance as see the trustwortiness of the dealers.

Take a look at the L&L Automotive used videos - they introduce each car and do a walk/talk round...see for example:http://www.landlautomotive.co.uk/mercedes-benz/used-mercedes-benz/useddetail.aspx?uvid=20689302&p=1 or take a look at Peter Vardy - via their Group website: http://www.petervardy.com//used-cars/11557/ delivered with a music soundtrack.

There are lots of different ways to do video for generic cars, but remember that a generic walk-round of a car is only the start of the opportunity that video engagement can offer the dealers / consumer...

Did anyone read the article by Jonathan Such (last page) in the September CD Mag ? After making an initial enquiry Jonathan received a personalised video introducing the sales person and a personalised walk round of the car made just for him and his wife and received only 20mins after having first rung the dealer !! He was so impressed he wrote about how vital it is to 'make the most of the contact you have with a customer'.... This dealer was using some of the CitNOW kit we supplied....

All of this may seem a 'bit much' at the moment but it won't be many years, or even many months before this won't be a step-too-far it'll be something that consumers (and definitely GenerationY) will be expecting.....

Make the most of video now while its still a wow and you will gain benefit in sales, goodwill & of course some video SEO....

Talking and walking is the best way of doing it out of those two. Have to say to for Mercedes main dealer that website is horrid!