Obviously can't answer that one without too many assumptions but they have attracted 254K adverts from both the trade and consumers? 

It's just intriguing that there's been a 46K drop in less than a months; whereas other sites have remained within a +/-6% deviation? 

Do people actually look at motors site ?

I'll let you know in a month or three! Motors seems to have come on leaps and bounds since the last time I used it and is a lot more price friendly. I'm not expecting Auto Trader style results from them but nor I am annoyed (yet) about a huge DD at the end of the month.

Its that time of year where a lot of people are off sunning themselves, i know footfall has dropped with most dealers i speak to, maybe this is why? 

My question would be, is this Consumer or trade related? I can understand a drop in consumer ad's if people are away on holiday, maybe Motors is more susceptible to Consumer fluctuations ?

Maybe a couple of big dealer groups have pulled out, special offers have come to an end and people haven't renewed. It does seems a large drop off but they are in a market fighting Autotrader so unless what they are offering is too good to not have they will always be the first victim when a business looks to cost cut.

How much is 'Motors@ a month to use? Does anyone know?

Maybe a couple of big dealer groups have pulled out, special offers have come to an end and people haven't renewed. It does seems a large drop off but they are in a market fighting Autotrader so unless what they are offering is too good to not have they will always be the first victim when a business looks to cost cut.

How much is 'Motors@ a month to use? Does anyone know?

I've just signed up for 25 cars per month at a cost of £216 + Vat per month.

• Like 1

I do advertise with motors the cost is about 1/10 of AT ! But then again the number of enquiries /sales ratio seems to be the same!  Although I ask every lead / enquiry /sale - where they saw the car advertised 1st - this doesn't always give a true answer !

Motors have a 'wisper' when you get a call " This is a lead from motors.co.uk please introduce yourself........ " which is great { I did suggest to AT Many ,many , many years ago! BUT they've never added it as a feature? why?"}

back to answers - I had a customer tell me he had seen a car on AT - He then went on to my website and called me - this was wrong as that particular car was only advertised on motors - so regardless of how much I ask ? you never know exactly .. the way this customer had found this car was in fact Google " Typing in make/ model / transmission - stoke on trent " and hey presto ! obviously motors link must have come up at the top !

we ALL have to second guess where we think we ought to be advertising that the customers maybe looking at ?

Interesting post, I'm tempted to go with motors if it was cheaper, or maybe if they had a good intro offer, but am I brave enough to leave out AT or ebay ? Hell no

Also I've stopped using gumtree now, anyone else dropped it ? Are you missing it?

The likes of Motors and co know they are never going to compete with Autotrader and they were trying to sell it to us as an additional rather than a replacement; can any of us honestly justify ditching AT or eBay?

Was quite sold on the Motors idea but had just signed with AA Cars / Vcars the week before and to be fair Im getting a few extra enquiries and have sold a handful of cars from it.