Sign in to follow this  
Dan W

Fiat Abarth

Have a fiat abarth 595 turismo coming px next few days

63 plate 22k, black with red leather. not many of these things about on autotrader or elsewhere is that a good or a bad thing...

anyone with experience of these ? we are not sure to retail or trade any thoughts would be appreciated.

I know the Fiat 500's are god awful news from my experience!  We had a Lounge spec 2012 62 plate with 20k mileage and we had to sell £500 below retail for a loss 6 months later.  What colour is it?  Good luck if you say red!

11 hours ago, HKQAC said:

I know the Fiat 500's are god awful news from my experience!  We had a Lounge spec 2012 62 plate with 20k mileage and we had to sell £500 below retail for a loss 6 months later.  What colour is it?  Good luck if you say red!

Black with red leather seats. upgraded exhaust sounds decent, owes us £8500, they seem to retail at about £9795 - £9995.

have had a trade bid of £8750 so most likely will get rid of it

The arse must be falling out of the 500 market cos now they are beginning to look cheap enough even for me :lol:

14 minutes ago, BHM said:

The arse must be falling out of the 500 market cos now they are beginning to look cheap enough even for me :lol:

Seems so, Its a really nice thing, 2 alloys need refurbs that's it, no fiat dealer will touch the thing. customer even tried to sell it to them privately and they were not interested.

when i lift the lid on any fiat and i see that multiair plastic box that tells me to run as they have electronic valves and are totally dependant on quality regular fully synthetic oil so an abarth at 20,000 miles i too would be looking to trade on rather than retail

Abarths are good at under £6k for us.  We've found it hard to sell any of them over that mark though, usually sit for a good few 2-4 months.

Always, ALWAYS check the bloody clutch!  Amount of 500's we've have (auto/manual) and the clutch has gone / slipping is stupid!  Doesn't matter if it's 70k or 10k in mileage, I'm always expecting to do the clutch.  Saying that, our local Fiat only charge us £385 to do the job (£50 extra for auto, program or reset or something).