Sign in to follow this  
dan sellen

used car dealer 'cliches'

does anyone actually have a bottle of 'something' in their bottom draw??

wear a sheepskin coat?

smoke cigars?

these soaps on tv don't do us lot any favours.

i actually do all three, AND have balloons hanging off mirrors [ we all know balloons sell cars ! ]

think it was inky ian [ wno does the dodgy mot certificates] that was asking me other day, did i know anyone for a thousand mileage disclaimer stickers, slight problem with them, theyre not sticky back, and fall off the speedo quite easy, well i bought the lot ! lovely jubbly !  :D

post-234-0-46959400-1388777201_thumb.jpg

Had a bottle of Whiskey that someone gave me sat in the corner of my office for the last 6 months, it's not a drink I enjoy so it sat there until I finally gave it away to my childrens nursery to put in a Christmas hamper.  A week later I get given another bottle of Whiskey!!! It's now hidden in my recovery vehicle so people don't think I'm a hardcore drinker !

Not got a sheepskin coat but have got the 2013 equivalent which is the black 'North face' jacket. I believe the quilted sytle jacket will be the 2014 car dealers look, so if anyone wants to get ahead of the game go get one now !!!

I can't help myself but, first tiny chink of sunshine...... "Get them tailgates open!"

Cos I know (scientific fact) that cars with open tailgates sell quicker. And for more money.

• Like 2

As I gaze out of the office window, I see the Skoda Octavia tailgate open, well it means "we're open", doesn't it? :ph34r:

I must invest in a none-car-salesman type coat.

Having the boots open does make a difference and look more inviting. Most of the traders I see down the auctions wear superdry jackets!