Sign in to follow this  
Spsjapps

BCA rejection Question

Hi chaps,

Jumping the gun here as ive raised the issue with the branch sales manager but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experiance. 

Ive purchased live-online a bmw not on a assured report. The car was stated as “BLUE” and no indication had been listed in the description of any other colour.

Upon doing my HPI to prepare docs for the buyer (wanted specific colour so it was purchased for that reason) the car comes back as yellow! My next call to bmw confirms the car left the factory as yellow, now i get the sold as seen but surely if the hpi indicates YELLOW that should be made aware to potential buyers that its had a colour change..?

so far the car has not been paid for so is still on site. Any advice would be great 

thanks  

My thoughts are if it was blue and the V5 says blue then its blue, don't think they would need to inform you of a colour change even if they knew, I hope i'm wrong.

Personally, I'd call the customer, go through it with them and see if they're still good with it... might not matter to them?

Sorry maybe ive confused.

HPI says yellow

car is blue and sold as blue. No mention of colour change on listing

I'm not an expert on BCA but don't they usually declare colour changes in the descriptions as they would have HPi'd it themselves? Although you are at the mercy of the person on the computer to notice these things

18 minutes ago, met said:

I'm not an expert on BCA but don't they usually declare colour changes in the descriptions as they would have HPi'd it themselves? Although you are at the mercy of the person on the computer to notice these things

Well my exact thoughts. They will hpi all cars to declare if anything pops up, surely a colour change is a pretty big change. I mean the main reason i purchased was the colour is rare, so its not as descriped. Be interested to see what they say today but im refusing the car under the grounds of not as described. Thankfully i havent paid for the car, i cant see it being a problem for them as they will push it back through  

Edited by Spsjapps

I don’t think it is BCA’s fault.They act on behalf of the vendor who would have to make the declaration on the entry form.Also,how old is it,mileage,no of owners,was it cheap,what section was it sold in.It could be that a colour change from yellow to blue may not be material to the description as it has not devalued the car.So if you could supply more information,the guys on here might be able to help.However,you will have to bear in mind that BCA will try and fob you off and ultimately you might have to take them to court.That could mean having to bring your customer as a witness.

I have never seen a color change noted on any car over the years so i am sure that they do not search or disclose that kind of info, technically they might be right morally i think there not, but i wouldnt hold your breath on a moral victory with the auctions houses. 

4 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I have never seen a color change noted on any car over the years so i am sure that they do not search or disclose that kind of info, technically they might be right morally i think there not, but i wouldnt hold your breath on a moral victory with the auctions houses. 

See i disagree i see them all the time, wrap or colour change .. always seems to be included in the description of the sale. 

56 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I don’t think it is BCA’s fault.They act on behalf of the vendor who would have to make the declaration on the entry form.Also,how old is it,mileage,no of owners,was it cheap,what section was it sold in.It could be that a colour change from yellow to blue may not be material to the description as it has not devalued the car.So if you could supply more information,the guys on here might be able to help.However,you will have to bear in mind that BCA will try and fob you off and ultimately you might have to take them to court.That could mean having to bring your customer as a witness.

I agree, the vendor Arnold Clark surely are at fault here. The car was in a standard arnold clark sale Grade 4. Value above £5k. The colour without question changes the re sale value as its not at its original colour.   

All cleared up. Spoke to the auction sales manager and he said i can cancel if i wish.

thanks for your input chaps

24 minutes ago, Spsjapps said:

All cleared up. Spoke to the auction sales manager and he said i can cancel if i wish.

Just out of interest had BCA already HPi'd it and knew about the discrepancy or did they wait until it was actually sold before they HPi'd it?

1 hour ago, Spsjapps said:

That’s  brilliant,maybe BCA are changing their ways !

• Like 1

On 30/11/2017 at 8:23 AM, Mojo121 said:

Personally, I'd call the customer, go through it with them and see if they're still good with it... might not matter to them?

OHHH, you bought it because you thought it WAS yellow. I thought you bought it being blue for the customer, then found out it was originally yellow hence they might not care...

Pleased its sorted! :D