Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo

Selling to a buyer without a viewing??

7 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

People complain they are not busy, its quiet etc and then find reasons not to sell people cars? :huh:

Whats all that about?

you will understand when you get to our age:)

you can feel its going to go tits in your waters:P

29 minutes ago, s and b said:

you will understand when you get to our age:)

you can feel its going to go tits in your waters:P

Absolutely + 1. Trust your gut feelings, experience is learnt from pain & gain.....

Agree. I know this sounds negative but no deal is better than a crap deal & the way punters are at the moment it’s bad enough when they turn-up - sending cars miles away to a potential messer would not be my ideal way of doing business. Nowadays I prefer to see the whites of their eyes & give it to them straight.

• Like 1

We (potentially) lose out on quite a few customers who want us to deliver unseen. No matter how much faith I have in the car, I just won't do it. There will always be the "Oh there's a 1cm scratch at the bottom of the door, I want a full refund under the consumers right act...."

Just not worth it for us.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rich89 said:

We (potentially) lose out on quite a few customers who want us to deliver unseen. No matter how much faith I have in the car, I just won't do it. There will always be the "Oh there's a 1cm scratch at the bottom of the door, I want a full refund under the consumers right act...."

Just not worth it for us.

They are not the sort of people who end up buying online in our experience.

We continue to do a good few a month this way and expect it to increase as people get lazier/more used to remote purchase. 

Payment in full in advance and really had no major issues to date so I can only go from that experience. 

On 18/11/2017 at 0:01 AM, LOVECARS said:

Ive done this lots and lots of times. If your confident in what your selling and have given an honest description of bodywork and service record then why is it a problem? I email all paperwork invoices etc to sign and get them to send it back signed. It all comes down to how confident you are in the car your supplying

Totally agree with this. I am in Norfolk and have done this to customers in Cyprus, Aberdeen and London in the last 6 weeks alone.