Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

VIDEO

So everyone says its the future but as a technophobe it baffles me, I did walk round a car with my i-phone on record and the resulting video looked like i had consumed 10 pints or had the on set of parkinsons, I have watched some excellent videos from the likes of Umesh and some lousy ones from some of the big boys, the question is what camera does anybody recommend, how long is spent on them, do you edit them how do you upload to your website  etc etc, 

Thanks ! I use a cheap video circa £125-  , the iphone is great but too sensitive to noise and picks up all the back ground noise ( Car wash across the road ) 

I believe is mostly short 2/4 mins - showing the 'spec' off and telling them about the car - some longer one's when i do test drives or something fancy, I only edit those long ones rest are simply point- shoot - upload to you tube - done ! 

I use movie maker to edit. Hope info is useful please feel free if I can help 01782 822 700 umesh@autochange.co.uk 

PS - Don't do silent movies ! sorry if anyone does them :) ! 

thanks for swift reply Umesh, yours look great I will keep practising before I actually try to load one onto my website, technology has moved on since autotrader rep came with black and white polaroid and held print  under her arm pit while it dried... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tradex said:

Ahh the memories...

Yeah how much did those Polaroid films cost,,, now the dealer does all the work for them and has all the expense

You could always use the basic tools on you tube, they have a stabilize feature if you talk about is to cheesy to stand you can even add some sporty music, depends on what your selling most of the kit being sold by umesh needs the highlights pointing out, i sell bread and butter so not a lot to say about a renault clio, but the video still gets a lot of views its good to show the panels are nice and straight and interior hasnt been lived in by a short white fur yorkie. 

Good points - Its easier to make a video on a sporty car with loads of features ie a fully loaded RS4 or Range Rover over an entry level Rav4 with no extras and cloth trim.

Thing is in video you can actually sell the benefits of your dealership through speaking or by having text pop up.....good reviews?? tell them. You prep cars properly and offer 6 month warranty tell them. Sell to them in the way you would when they come out in person whilst they are sat at home.