Sign in to follow this  
MainDealerBiatch

CAP or Glasses

Been away from trade for a while and seems to be a swing by main dealers to CAP ?

What do you use to price ?

Any ideas on cost of the guides nowadays and all seems to be on smart phones or desktops no paper guides anymore ?

There's no need anymore to subscribe to either, Manheim include all the CAP values on their website and catalogs. A simple net search within 60 miles will give you the local retail, then just work out what margin you require. 

10 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

There's no need anymore to subscribe to either, Manheim include all the CAP values on their website and catalogs. A simple net search within 60 miles will give you the local retail, then just work out what margin you require. 

It's the same with BCA,the pro's have not used guides for years.If you relied on CAP you would not buy much as most of the stuff you want brings way over .I broke my record several months ago,£4K over book for a Jeep Wrangler......you know what,it was a cheap car !

I may be slightly biased, but we believe we provide the most transparent and accurate values. They're set to reflect the market, not dictate it, and we publish our accuracy figures every month to help prove it: http://www.glassbusiness.co.uk/landing-pages/forecast-tableau-options/accuracy-transparency/. It also means our customers know how accurate we are on what matters most to them, as you can filter the results by car and fuel type, age, make and model.

Our valuations are still only for the trade. And we put more into them than just web-based algorithms - our Editors are out in the marketplace getting real-world feedback every week.

The Glass's Guide App (no paper guides anymore) is £600 a year (£50 a month) for unlimited use on two devices. Works offline as well. More on that here: http://www.glassbusiness.co.uk/products-and-services/price-trade-used-vehicles/glassguide-valuations/car-guide-app/.

You can crawl the classifieds for a retail price, but our Live Retail Pricing, powered by Radar, does it for you. It gets live feeds from the UK's leading portals (most bar AT) to provide regional pricing and average days to sell. You can also see which of your rivals are stocking similar cars, how long they've had them and how many price changes they've made. More on that here: http://www.glassbusiness.co.uk/products-and-services/price-trade-used-vehicles/radar/

Our phone team would be happy to provide more info or answer any questions to help you make your choice. You can reach them on 020 3897 2500.

Best of luck whichever way you decide to go.

Ben

Edited by Ben at Glass's

I find glass's  retail far more accurate to be fair with the stock I sell. CAP can be a bit too low 

• Like 1

I use Glasses online simply because every auction house or main dealer has cap so its a doddle to get cap values and sometimes I dont feel they are correct. Over time it is your own judgement that is the key

• Like 1