ycltd

Experian AutoCheck

After many years with Experian, in December they wrote to me to advise as a "low user" they were asking me for a £1000 up front or terminate the contract, surprisingly I didn't reply and for many months continued as normal. June of this year account suspended with no prior advice. From that date with Experian lost ability to check CAP and Glass valuations and all usual Experian checks. I consider Experian to have been very heavy handed and have had a number of telephone conversations and e mails with them however all have been one sided as to date whilst I have had acknowledgement from within Experian that this has been heavy handed, have never received email replies to the email requests for reinstatement of account facilities ! .

My question is have other car dealer members received similar letters and just changed allegiance to the likes of CAP Hpi  and just accepted Experians contempt for the smaller dealer / light user of its products.  

Hi Tradex,

You wouldn't be kind enough to give me the details on Car Check.I have googled them and there seems to be lots of options.

Regards Dean.

Dean we can't post outbound links, but google 'total car check' and then give them a call.

You can buy in bundles of 50 or 100 and pay upfront and then simply log in and away you go. The history check is comprehensive, but I find the valuations to be as bad as everyone else's even though they allegedly use the same data sets? However that's only ever a pain when buying privately or for PX value...

Listening around I thought Experian were a good company to deal with but it appears I have just been fortunate !  it seems CAP Hpi are more respected is this a true reflection of dealers when it comes to providence checks and guide valuations. I realise that in todays market local research is by far and away the right way to value but guide values have their use's 

Hello all,

I work with Cazana and saw your post about bulk history checks. Our checks use Experian finance data and we can provide bulk checks without any upfront payments and very low monthly minimum numbers.

We also provide retail valuations but, unlike CAP and Glass's we've built our own algorithms based on market data to give you a much better idea of what price a vehicle should be listed at for a quick sale.

Please just google Cazana to learn more and to get in touch.

Thanks, Charlie

Cazana is a very useful website and quite clever with the info it pulls up. i.e number of owners and any recent adverts for the car on the free check. 

i fell on cazano a few weeks back too and found it a very good site ,even more so when i logged in through a facepalm link i use at work incognitoo

There has to be someone and it's going to be me !!!!! I've heard and used "facebook"       Facepalm ??