Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

More BMW woes, anyone come across this? 2007 325i error code

ok, its the 2006 (56) 2.5 petrol and its running with a mis-fire, must be coil pack and plugs as these engines are bullet proof? No, its showing up code 2a98, crankshaft/cam shaft correlation faulty? Any ideas? Vanos or the dreaded chain?

thanks

clear the codes 

start again

look at live data with regards the misfire

swap over parts if you can to identify which component faulty

remember a code is a guide not the law

is that engine a vvti engine? As I had a very similar fault on a focus this week with the same symptoms and code description and it turned out to be that someone had replaced the cambelt and not timed the vvti and crank correctly.

well it looks like the famous bmw timing chain but should be rare on the 325

fingers crossed, i can always put it through the block and make 500 quid hahahahahahahhaaha

Had this loads of time on this newer 6 cylinder. on the front of the engine are 2 big vanos solenoid. remove them both and soak them in petrol for 15 mins. there is a 10mm bolt on each. they just pull out but make sure you get the rubber seal out aswell. 

alternatively take a look on Google and there is a diy on there 

This is of no help to he OP but why does it seem incongruous to discuss a BMW with a running fault, after all they are made of girders and never fail.

Whereas if this was a Scenic or Clio with a misfire it would be almost a cliche?:D

These German prestige cars are a load of crap, we pay more for them due to some idea of reliability, the 2.5 is meant to be bullet proof, don't get me started on vag cars 

1 minute ago, andymc1973 said:

These German prestige cars are a load of crap, we pay more for them due to some idea of reliability, the 2.5 is meant to be bullet proof, don't get me started on vag cars 

I'm glad you said that and not me:D I helped a mate take the door card off a merc estate last year. Beautiful car but under the skin its full of pop rivets and plastic crap