Sign in to follow this  
david gott

Movex

I need to use a delivery company for 2 cars, it's all a bit new to me as I've always went for them myself or used the Valeter, Ive entered the jobs and  movex recommended £35 so just ticked the box for that, only had one quote all day and its £95 for a 43 miles job! Is this about right? Would people recommend movex or someone else? Thanks, David 

8 minutes ago, david gott said:

I need to use a delivery company for 2 cars, it's all a bit new to me as I've always went for them myself or used the Valeter, Ive entered the jobs and  movex recommended £35 so just ticked the box for that, only had one quote all day and its £95 for a 43 miles job! Is this about right? Would people recommend movex or someone else? Thanks, David 

Where about's are you located?

Try Shiply.com

I've used them around 4 times in the last month, always got a lot of quotes and you can see full details and reviews about the delivery company.

I used Cargoes for years but then moved onto Movex as the prices were better.

Then Moves started charging monthly fees and also £2.50 per job so it was no cheaper.

As Movex is just the middle man I just chose two companies who'd gave me good service and approached them direct cutting out the middle man and saving us both money. Worked great in the end.

9 minutes ago, Cornish Guy said:

Movex was good until Manheim bought it, and screwed it up.

Spot on.

Yeah Movex is also tied into A4C (Motorpoint) as their preferred logistics company and to be fair I've not had any problems with them. The most I've paid has been £90 + Vat for around a 120 mile journey. (Driven not trailered) The only gripe I have is that the drivers very rarely phone to say they're leaving, they just turn up unannounced!