Sign in to follow this  
Jack Regan

Next gear stocking plan

Am I right to say cars that are bought via next gear will show up on Hpi as having finance on them , would you use customers money to pay it off or pay it off once deposit recieved so it's clear of finance before they collect it, I wouldn't want to pay and drive a car from a dealers with finance still owing on it , any one had a problem with this ?

Similar situation when a car is part ex to a dealer with finance still on it from the customer, Contra-sign  In a ideal world you want it cleared and gone but sometimes that not possible, Its not illegal or wrong to sell the car wile the stocking is still on hpi, your obligation is to pay it at the earliest convenience, Ideally when the customer or finance company has paid up. 

To be honest most customers will not even know, within a few days it will be off anyhow and there not likely to hpi the car after they have bought it, if they have done it before then there already in the know so would of asked surely.

You will be surprised how many people do not hpi cars when buying from dealers.

I was saying the same thing only yesterday, the old tick list of customer questions has seemed to died off over the last few years. 

We used to get the standard tick list questions like is the car hpi clear how owners, have you had it long blah blah 

Adverts have come so far these days and a lot of info is already given Hpi clear how many owners ins group mpg ect almost standard on every advert these days

I use Next Gear and it has happened to me a few times. I explain to them how a stocking plan works and as soon as they drive off the car will be paid off immediately and if they contact me a week later I will HPi the car again and send them a copy showing it cleared. Also if you ask your customer to ring NG direct the girls are very helpful and they will explain that its not like a normal HP deal and the debt is with the dealer rather than the car.

16 hours ago, Beautiful South Martin said:

I use Next Gear and it has happened to me a few times. I explain to them how a stocking plan works and as soon as they drive off the car will be paid off immediately and if they contact me a week later I will HPi the car again and send them a copy showing it cleared. Also if you ask your customer to ring NG direct the girls are very helpful and they will explain that its not like a normal HP deal and the debt is with the dealer rather than the car.

Pretty much exactly that. I always say all the main dealers use a similar facility and its perfectly normal nothing to worry about. It has never prevented a deal going ahead. On occasion I have written customer a letterhead subject to clearance letter explaining it will be settled very promptly, which are the rules with the stock funders anyway plus I want to get the money back on and buy more cars with it.

Customer are surprisingly ok with unit stocking showing on a HPI report. Occasionally we have to write a guarantee it'll be settled within 24 hours of the sale but customers are definitely becoming more aware of what it is and definitely less worried.

Sometimes funders want it cleared they'll pay you out - that is only Close Motor Fins though all the others will let you style it once your paid out

Hi, 

The other guys are correct - shouldnt be too much of an issue.

As a rep for NGC in Staffordshire and Cheshire im happy to talk to my customers customers! 

We also can provide a subject to clearance the day after you click the settle button on the system. Just give your account manager a call and he/she will be able to help.

Loads of auction stock has finance flags on it, particularly when its in from a finance company. Cashflow I guess, shift it on at auction before the customers settlement due date and settle it that way rather than tying up money in in / adding it to their stocking plan.