andymc1973

Photo Editing

Does anyone run their pictures through any photo shop style software or just take the picture and upload? I'm not suggesting taking the pi$$ with massive editing and hiding stuff,I was just curious if anyone of you had any suggestions?

Andy

• Like 1

Yes, photoshop, but photography is a hobby of mine so a little 'enhancing' is just fun. You'd be surprised at just how playing with contrast/brightness can improve a photo massively.

what level do you edit at? What I don't want is it to look like a magazine feature

URL]

http://media 12_zpsvezwug7m.jpg

thats one i have been playing out, its just ran through adobe on the iphone

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

I have messaged you with a nice app to try mate.

Could you message me also please, currently using the instagram app but its a pain in the arse to transfer the pics from instagram to the computer.

20 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

what level do you edit at? What I don't want is it to look like a magazine feature

URL]

http://media 12_zpsvezwug7m.jpg

thats one i have been playing out, its just ran through adobe on the iphone

No offence, just an observation. The problem is that the picture is 'over exposed' and the contrast is iffy; and a little out of focus. This is down to your camera. The bright sky against the black car is too much for your camera to process. Your roof, screen and bonnet have "blown out". Just a small observation. Don't use a cluttered background, all those houses in the distance, keep it simple. I often use my local country park. Watch reflections, it looks bad if you cast a shadow on a photo or you can see the reflection of a bus stop!. Also, watch the road surface, it sounds a small thing but that patchy tarmac doesn't look nice.

Nice car by the way, those three door Astra's are smoking hot at the moment. They seem to be appealing to a certain group of young guys.

To get the best results, wait until the sun goes down and you then you get a real deep shine in the paintwork

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:25 PM, Fixedgear said:

To get the best results, wait until the sun goes down and you then you get a real deep shine in the paintwork

I want to live where you do!

Sun...what is that? :P I have a sun filter...will that do?

Edited by Mikey

its actually sold but thanks for the input, the screen is actually an extra that runs half way into the roof, only one i have ever had tbh

i use adobe photo shop express on my iphone, not bad for free

10 hours ago, Fixedgear said:

1.jpg

Good pic. In focus, correctly exposed, nicely contrasting backgound, no 'odd' reflections, wet ground under the car!:)

Edited by metcars

On 10/12/2016 at 10:39 PM, metcars said:

I love how cheap those seat belts and clasps look...think Maranello have been nicking bits of the Panda production line!

6 hours ago, grant8064 said:

I love how cheap those seat belts and clasps look...think Maranello have been nicking bits of the Panda production line!

I can't believe anyone would spend £3.5M on that thing? But ...?

Although it will probably be bought a 'youtuber', and then we'll have to endure endless boring videos of these 'trust fund kids' "downshifting" and gurning while driving through tunnels:rolleyes:

On 05.12.2016 at 0:17 PM, Rory RSC said:

I have messaged you with a nice app to try mate.

Could you please send me this info too?

At first I thought that editing pics is something girls are crazy about (selfies you know :D) but once I tried too and it appeared to be an interesting hobby. Sounds like a confession))) Typically I use Luminar https://macphun.com/luminar . However, there are cheaper options like Paint, it depends what result you expect from your photo editor.