macffar

Best Platform??

Dear folks great forum..... am quiet new in the trade was just wondering if I could get some advice on advertising platform apart from AT and Facebook as I have an account with them for the past 9 months was just wondering if there's any other better platform that would channel some traffic through doors,,,,,, 

Motors .co .uk

Ebay motors, free for 2 months of pro account

gum tree, yo can have 20 adds for around £180 per month, you can update every day if you like and get to the top of the page 

Car Gurus , free to join on basic listings 

Facebook, you're using, make sure you use the groups to post vehicles with good pics and description, be warned of the fools who will bid you in the balls thinking there clever, 

Thanks betginge, that's really helpful I'm already looking into Motors.co.uk which I believe it gives me the platform for free listing on car gurus. could you let me know your experience on Ebay and gumtree as my thoughts has also rejected those two platforms in terms of time waster and on gumtree as bargain joint.

Thanks   

15 hours ago, betginge said:

Motors .co .uk

gum tree, yo can have 20 adds for around £180 per month, you can update every day if you like and get to the top of the page 

Facebook, you're using, make sure you use the groups to post vehicles with good pics and description, be warned of the fools who will bid you in the balls thinking there clever, 

Thanks betginge, that's really helpful I'm already looking into Motors.co.uk which I believe it gives me the platform for free listing on car gurus. could you let me know your experience on Ebay and gumtree as my thoughts has also rejected those two platforms in terms of time waster and on gumtree as bargain joint.

Thanks   

Low price vehicles sell well on gumtree, less than 2K, dearer bits not so much

Ebay works but you will get the muppet brigade bidding you £1000 off a RS Focus as they have found one 300 miles away that's cat D and lots  Cheaper.:wacko:

Facebook is a winner for anything if you know how to use it right , Motors and ebay are never going to get you the same traffic as AT but they are miles cheaper. so pound for pound they are worth doing. What I mean is out of 10 cars on a pitch you may sell 2 from walk ons or repeat / recommended , 6 from AT and the rest by other means such as Motors or Ebay motors, facebook etc.

The problem is that AT is to expensive and does not seem to be getting cheaper, even though guys on here including myself are trying not to use them so much to teach them a lesson. ( I fear it's not working with AT announcing Massive rise in profits)

In my personal opinion you need to be fully in Autotrader and pay the high costs and shift motors (high numbers modest margins) or spread advertising across all the platforms which will bring the costs down massively but less sales may come of this, but from this you can see in black and white where your sales are driven from.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, betginge said:

Motors .co .uk

Betginge very kind for the insight info I will be giving it a shoot and see how it goes.........:D 

Thanks once again......

Interesting thread here. In terms of ebay what type of listings do you use? Classified ad seems the best value but not sure if auctions get more attention as people think they can get a deal?

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, nic.grev said:

Interesting thread here. In terms of ebay what type of listings do you use? Classified ad seems the best value but not sure if auctions get more attention as people think they can get a deal?

I think we all know the problem with eBay is that you tend get more idiots than the other platforms. They'll send you illiterate messages and not get back to you when you invest the time to give them everything and more that they've asked for. If they do they'll then try to knock you down on price at every opportunity, and if that's not annoying enough if they'll become winning bidders who end up not paying!!

Personally when I do use eBay I only place my adverts as classifieds... Yes you still get the odd dumb-ass, but generally a whole lot less painful.

I have just signed up for eBay pro. It does generate a lot of leads and is far cheaper than an Auto Trader package. We'll see how it goes.

We use Ebay Pro and Car Gurus, via a Car Dealer 5 website.

Just ditched AT as just too expensive for the leads it generated, far more came through eBay for a 1/4 of the price.

I use eBay, Gumtree and Facebook. I refuse to contribute towards AT's profits