Exactly. For example if you type in www.basildoncarsales.co.uk into google search within the results a thread from this forum pops up named 'Getting really worried.....why am i so quite....any advice aperciated'

The owner of Basildon Car Sales is a top bloke, have spoken to him over the phone in the past but if i were a customer doing a little background check on his company before purchasing a vehicle i may be put off by this thread.. 

This is a great forum and i really appreciate it, i login pretty much everyday but some things need to be private, the rest of the forum would still be active and everybody would still contribute as usual but for more sensitive info such as pricing, turnover and customer rants ;) there needs to be a private area IMO.

• Like 2

Ok, so I'm thinking this:

1. A private members areas for Advanced Members

2. Those being members who have participated in the forum for a period of time with a minimum of 25 posts

3. Before members are allowed to join a background check will be carried out to see if they are genuine traders

4. For new dealers or home traders the bare minimum will be a copy of their trade insurance shared with Car Dealer Magazine, as per the Buy & Sell membership.

5. Forum will be locked so anyone who hasn't got membership privileges cannot access it. It will not show up on Google.

How does that sound?

• Like 4

Sounds good! Part of the reason I haven't posted much on here of late is the whole Google issue.