Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Lead Submission from CarGurus

I seem to be getting countless leads from these guys at the moment, which is good going seeing as I've never had anything to do with them.

Would I be right in thinking the boys and girls at cargurus are doing a liitle fishing to try and impress?

My understanding is when you are on the free search customers see your cars but not location so you get a lot of enquiries. 

Once  you pay you get less enquiries but you get more substantial ones which should convert better. 

Having just had a car guru trial unsure what to make of it at present.  On the fence. 

• Like 1

I asked the same question a few months back 

I was getting a few emails from them, however never got replies, and with no other contact details other than their username@gargurus email address its impossible to track them down. I'd send 4/5 emails at different times of the day and was getting no replies at all.

I did my months free trial ( i think they charge £250 per month to be a full member ) and got very little from it at all too so was not impressed.

HOWEVER - in the last few weeks I have had 4/5 enquires and have dealt 3 of them! Quick replies and deals done pretty much the same day - but all from a distance away ( Birmingham/Newark/Scotland )

Had one this morning too, but no reply yet.

I'm not prepared to pay £250 a month for it, and am quite happy to reply to the leads and see what happens. They try to sell the marketing and analytics bit of it, however You can sit and look at stats all day autotrader/gumtree/ebay/google and still be non the wiser...

I'm on the cheap side of the fence ( well the free side! )

Mat

• Like 1

After reading these comments I thought I may as well reply to them and see what happens. It goes against my principles but when in Rome. 

Done 2 sales out of it for free, and got 1 customers to leave a review which helps boost your advertising on there so not complaints here. 

• Like 1

We get a fair few enquiries...usually from people the other end of the country.

That said, once in a while they do actually turn up and buy...a polite reply email costs  nothing and occasionally will turn into a sale.

• Like 1

I've never had an email lead from these guys, am I doing something wrong....??

20 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I don't know where the leads come from tbh. We're signed up with Motors, RAC & Ebay (but not Autotrader). Must be from one of those guys i'd imagine?

33 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

I don't know where the leads come from tbh. We're signed up with Motors, RAC & Ebay (but not Autotrader). Must be from one of those guys i'd imagine?

Hmm, I'm not signed up with Motors or RAC, but am eBay, perhaps that has something to do with it? How do you find Motors?

1 minute ago, Ocsltd said:

Hmm, I'm not signed up with Motors or RAC, but am eBay, perhaps that has something to do with it? How do you find Motors?

Motors is generally pretty dead but also pretty cheap...I think given our margins on cars we need to sell two retail cars at circa 5k to cover the annual cost.

After we moved to our main road forecourt and chipped off Autotrader we chose to stay with Motors and Ebay because whilst neither is particularly great for sales it's a useful web presence alongside our website. I think we sell maybe 2 in 20 cars via motors and maybe 2 in 20 via ebay...the rest is solely passing trade. However, some of those walk ons have probably seen the car online first via one of those sites. 

I guess different business models rely on different advertising. I know our cars are over priced (hence online adverts are not particularly important to us) but we work on the personal, friendly, local angle which people seem happy enough to pay for. I, personally, think online is better for car supermarkets or dealers with tiny overheads because you have to be so price competitive online.

1 hour ago, Ocsltd said:

Is your stock definitely on there? You have to register to put cars on, my cars are automatically fed on there via Vcars. I see you're in Hook I drive that way quite often on the way to Blackbushe B)

7 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Motors is generally pretty dead but also pretty cheap...I think given our margins on cars we need to sell two retail cars at circa 5k to cover the annual cost.

After we moved to our main road forecourt and chipped off Autotrader we chose to stay with Motors and Ebay because whilst neither is particularly great for sales it's a useful web presence alongside our website. I think we sell maybe 2 in 20 cars via motors and maybe 2 in 20 via ebay...the rest is solely passing trade. However, some of those walk ons have probably seen the car online first via one of those sites. 

I guess different business models rely on different advertising. I know our cars are over priced (hence online adverts are not particularly important to us) but we work on the personal, friendly, local angle which people seem happy enough to pay for. I, personally, think online is better for car supermarkets or dealers with tiny overheads because you have to be so price competitive online.

Exactly the same as me! Ebay is where most of my sales come from, you need to have good feedback against your name for it to work well as that's how ebay shoppers work. Motors is still fairly weak even after there TV advertising but does feed to a lot of other websites which helps. 

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is your stock definitely on there? You have to register to put cars on, my cars are automatically fed on there via Vcars. I see you're in Hook I drive that way quite often on the way to Blackbushe B)

Exactly the same as me! Ebay is where most of my sales come from, you need to have good feedback against your name for it to work well as that's how ebay shoppers work. Motors is still fairly weak even after there TV advertising but does feed to a lot of other websites which helps. 

Perhaps my stock isn't on there then...

I'm not in Hook though, I'm just north of Peterborough?

12 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

Perhaps my stock isn't on there then...

I'm not in Hook though, I'm just north of Peterborough?

Oh my bad there is an OCS car sales in hook :ph34r: