Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Mike Brewer and the scammers?

Wow, impressive how quickly the police have managed to return Mike’s golf?

Outstanding?

Posted (edited)

it came up as stolen as the new owner filled in an application for a log book to tax it

if he had paid for an hpi  he wouldn't have lost £7500

no tears for his loss here I'm afraid

all the police did was go to where he lives and arranged confiscation 

had them at my place once due to the six chimneys auction house telling the police where we were rather than advising that a major dealer had lost a car I  had bought and thus had put it on the hpi stolen list by them, I wasn't happy

Edited by It's me

Think he'd prefer if the Police found his Fiesta, a lot of blood sweat and tears went it to the restoration of it.

Good that it was found though none the less. Credit card companies need to up their game, its 2024 

5 minutes ago, Scooby who said:

Think he'd prefer if the Police found his Fiesta, a lot of blood sweat and tears went it to the restoration of it.

Good that it was found though none the less. Credit card companies need to up their game, its 2024 

I’m not much of a ‘wheeler dealer’ guy, but wasn’t that thing left in a hotel car park over night? That must have been parted out?

3 hours ago, metcars said:

Wow, impressive how quickly the police have managed to return Mike’s golf?

Outstanding?

Sorry guys but if I understand the deal correctly ,I think Mr Brewer’s sales guy deserves a P45 for negligence.Downing a £10k Golf over the phone by accepting payment by Credit Card ? .I think it is OK to accept an initial deposit by Credit Card but even if the punter was on the pitch and clearly legit,I would not accept full payment by Credit Card.It usually means they have no money and there will be faulty merchandise claims ahead and the card company can swipe back the full payment .I don’t think the Police look for stolen cars any more but maybe because Mr Brewer is a popular celebrity and of course the publicity ,they fortunately very promptly went out of their way considering all the other stuff going on at the moment. ….or am I out of touch ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trade vet said:

…………..I don’t think the Police look for stolen cars any more but maybe because Mr Brewer is a popular celebrity and of course the publicity ,they fortunately very promptly went out of their way considering all the other stuff going on at the moment. ….or am I out of touch ?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

On 8/8/2024 at 5:08 PM, metcars said:

I’m not much of a ‘wheeler dealer’ guy, but wasn’t that thing left in a hotel car park over night? That must have been parted out?

Yes he was asking for trouble to be fair, if it were me I'd have slept in it.

I hate thieves thought, lowest scum that's out there