Sign in to follow this  
metcars

HMRC got a new PC for christmas

Posted (edited)

So, will this include Facebook? Because, if the devil casts his net there what a catch he’d bring. Seriously, I thought they already had these powers and a little bird told me the auction house report suspicions of money laundering?
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2024/jan/01/selling-goods-online-be-warned-hmrc-will-soon-know-about-it

Edited by metcars

I very much doubt that HMRC are now going to start chasing Facebook  ‘ ne’er do wells ‘ or anyone else without assets or funds.

It's actually disgraceful how many businesses are classed as private to get round the draconian one way ebay has become

Shame but I suppose you can't blame them the sellers 

The new deal is Facebook marketplace but boy how are hmrc going to keep up on there

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 4:34 PM, trade vet said:

I very much doubt that HMRC are now going to start chasing Facebook  ‘ ne’er do wells ‘ or anyone else without assets or funds.

My understanding is that selling platforms are now being forced to report back once a cash/sales limit is reached. The bots do the heavy lifting in all this.

If it wasn’t for the severity of CRA 15 discouraging bona fide dealers from retailing decent cheapies ( and paying VAT on them ) ,there might not be a black market in them.Out of interest,it appears that the ex Lib Dem MP Jo Swinson aswell as being the author of CRA 15 was also a Post Office minister in the Coalition Government allegedly encouraging the fake prosecution of sub postmasters ……..and we are regarded as being dodgy ?

• Like 1