Sign in to follow this  
BIGNIT

Cargurus

Only major platform I haven't tried. How are people finding it?

Though I might give it a go as sales are slow for me at the moment.

Only advertise on Autotrader, expensive but gets job done. But even that is slow at moment.

Tried Facebook previous but just a waste of time. We found Ebay/gumtree actually cost more than Autotrader for £ per sale.

Anywhere else worthwhile ?

I used to hate marketplace but done really well on there recently and it’s free so no harm in trying it.

I still use autotrader but agree it’s been slow lately,  I think that’s possibly down to their guide pricing being way out at the min. I’m finding their rrp’s are way higher than cars actually for sale which makes mine look expensive.

Used to do well on eBay classified some years ago but jacked it in a while ago as I seam to get zero interest on anything I advertise on there anymore

I just moved into premises. Small site with caravan which i am hoping to convert into my office. But since moving its been very quiet with hardly any queries coming in. I was doing better at home lol. But needed a premises as it wasn't managable doing this from home. 

Ive used facebook but not that often now only use Autotrader but might just a list a few on Facebook as like you said its free so theres no harm in listing on there.  

1 hour ago, slademotors said:

I just moved into premises. Small site with caravan which i am hoping to convert into my office. But since moving its been very quiet with hardly any queries coming in. I was doing better at home lol. But needed a premises as it wasn't managable doing this from home. 

Ive used facebook but not that often now only use Autotrader but might just a list a few on Facebook as like you said its free so theres no harm in listing on there.  

Nothing changes.For as long as I can remember,there are usually a few quiet weeks at this time. I was at my old pitch today which sells  plenty and they are also quiet .It’s like the early to mid November window when prices usually drop and you can stock up .Good luck with your new pitch.

• Like 1

Car Gurus will take your money to advertise your stock and then tell the customer what they should be paying and how long it's been in stock.

They are like prostitutes - you get loads of "enquiries" with no phone number or a dead phone number.

They work hard for the customer's interests yet you are paying them

If someone actually does call up they tell you the price Car Gurus values your car at and how long it's been in stock - it just makes it harder to make a sale.

I reckon out of every 10 Car Guru leads only 1 is real, the rest are made up maybe using AI or dome sort of call centre.

Autotrader is very very expensive I was paying £36,000 a year with them and they try to steal any finance commission by putting their own finance portal on the advert you pay them to sell your car.