Sign in to follow this  
petrol head

Reject my car

https://www.am-online.com/news/used-cars/2023/01/12/sheriff-orders-refund-on-nine-year-old-ds-5-in-landmark-rejectmycar-court-case

I think with all the barmy laws we may be entering a period when dealers can’t sell anything much over 7 years? The problem is they have no money and expect to spend no money repair and servicing a 9 year old car?

Thoughts?

Buyers at the 4k mark are unrealistic. In my experience the worse offenders were the pretend upper middle class man.  I sold an astra to one of those types. He threatened court action over what turned out to be him labouring engine and a slight rattle from heat shield fast forward 5 months and was on about an eml light. I detest this type and he got nothing from me except a letter saying in the nicest of terms your driving is terrible and no wonder the part ex gearbox was rodgered.

23 hours ago, petrol head said:

https://www.am-online.com/news/used-cars/2023/01/12/sheriff-orders-refund-on-nine-year-old-ds-5-in-landmark-rejectmycar-court-case

I think with all the barmy laws we may be entering a period when dealers can’t sell anything much over 7 years? The problem is they have no money and expect to spend no money repair and servicing a 9 year old car?

Thoughts?

So, a 9yr old, £4.5k,100k mile shitter on finance for five years? Yikes! What could go wrong?

6 hours ago, metcars said:

So, a 9yr old, £4.5k,100k mile shitter on finance for five years? Yikes! What could go wrong?

got sent this today, 

ds mm I wouldn't want to sell one of those things, wires made out of cheese petrol head 

Edited by It's me