Sign in to follow this  
petrol head

Stellantis - really?

If what I'm reading is true the arrogance of the manufacturers knows no bounds:

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/stellantis-chief-paul-willcox-speaks-out-after-car-dealers-reveal-firms-shocking-behaviour/276389

Sound like the level of arrogance normally reserved for the German premium manufacturers. For most of the last few decades Peugeot, Vauxhall and the like have had products that are hard to shift, at best. Now they have a few semi desirable products they behave like this, if true, customers will be all over this on the socials and who is in the firing line, the Dealers!

Franchise dealers always got a hard time from manufacturers.It is like having a noose round your neck if you are a smaller dealer with a franchise.Now after a recent court case,it appears any franchise dealers can be given a few weeks notice and terminated for any reason.According to reports Stellantis appear to be behaving like Mr Botna ,who was the sole importer of Datsun in the UK,(if anyone remembers him ) and the strokes that were pulled on dealer principals who had to put their houses up as security .

needed a vauxhall part the other week, not bought nowt from them in a long time as every corsa I buy comes back with the warm orange glowing light on, I got  out the old trade card no we don't use them anymore, OK fair enough, the part I wanted needed to be ordered and it was £120, trade discount? no we don't do that anymore, what?? so went back to work went online found a company breaking the car I needed a bit off and got it for £2 as it was basically a gromit cum bushing

so needed them again and this time rather than trailing into the town that has the dealer I contacted them online and got someone in a generic Call centre with a made up name, she was hopeless but wanted my feedback on that site for building rogues types where it is 100% positive feedback and not one negative

so I turned the chat off and went to the dealer site for their phone number

there's one to book a test drive

there's one to book a service

there's one to tell them you love them

but 

no parts line

I gave up and again got the part via ebay this time and told customer they would have to manage

there all done and breath

pathetic service

Edited by It's me

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Franchise dealers always got a hard time from manufacturers.It is like having a noose round your neck if you are a smaller dealer with a franchise.Now after a recent court case,it appears any franchise dealers can be given a few weeks notice and terminated for any reason.According to reports Stellantis appear to be behaving like Mr Botna ,who was the sole importer of Datsun in the UK,(if anyone remembers him ) and the strokes that were pulled on dealer principals who had to put their houses up as security .

Yes I remember Mr Botna,came up from NSU,selling the NSU Ro 80,rotary car,had a lot of trouble with engine?

I wondered if Stellantis wanted money up front since expecting a lot of dealers to go to the wall,just a thought!

Edited by friar
Grammar

57 minutes ago, It's me said:

needed a vauxhall part the other week, not bought nowt from them in a long time as every corsa I buy comes back with the warm orange glowing light on, I got  out the old trade card no we don't use them anymore, OK fair enough, the part I wanted needed to be ordered and it was £120, trade discount? no we don't do that anymore, what?? so went back to work went online found a company breaking the car I needed a bit off and got it for £2 as it was basically a gromit cum bushing

so needed them again and this time rather than trailing into the town that has the dealer I contacted them online and got someone in a generic Call centre with a made up name, she was hopeless but wanted my feedback on that site for building rogues types where it is 100% positive feedback and not one negative

so I turned the chat off and went to the dealer site for their phone number

there's one to book a test drive

there's one to book a service

there's one to tell them you love them

but 

no parts line

I gave up and again got the part via ebay this time and told customer they would have to manage

there all done and breath

pathetic service

Ha Ha …Your right,how things have changed.I remember going to parts counters and asking for things like a track rod end for a 68 xxxxx and the guy would say ‘ that will be a 739824,we’ve got them ‘ then take 2 mins to get one and you could pay by cheque and no questions asked.