Lambchop

We buy any car

52 minutes ago, Screenman said:

Interesting thought a bit off topic, how much would some dealers have made if they had just kept the stock they had a year ago and had locked the gates and not sold any.

Depending on the profile of stock at least 30%. 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, petrol head said:

There are more lies told by punters than there ever are by dealers. The old trick of value the car agree the deal and when they come to trade in and pick the new car up, the  tyres have mysteriously lost 5mm of tread.

Ive had that situation on a Golf R recently , 

Came in as PX , had heated leather and Pretoria wheels . Came back to exchange and it had cheap after mkt wheels with worn ling long tyres , and Cloth Seats . 

His excuse was it was his car :huh:

He was then surprised i quoted him 5k less , resulted in him fetching the wheels and seats back off his mate pronto. With a red face .

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Had another one bought an Audi A3 off me , Following week was spouting off about illegal tyres , Long story short he came back with different wheels and nearly bald tyres trying to claim new tyres off us .

I shown him pictures of Black edition Wheels and Michelin tyres when he bought it 12 days previous , 

He got both barrels and a reload from me , 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another lying scroat told me his FABIA VRS was full service , had 5 BMW main dealer stamps , Er they don't service Skodas my friend , Called BMW and they never heard of him . 

His mate had managed to get access to the Stamp no doubt . 

These people think we are the wrong ones . 

4 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Ive had that situation on a Golf R recently , 

Came in as PX , had heated leather and Pretoria wheels . Came back to exchange and it had cheap after mkt wheels with worn ling long tyres , and Cloth Seats . 

His excuse was it was his car :huh:

He was then surprised i quoted him 5k less , resulted in him fetching the wheels and seats back off his mate pronto. With a red face .

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Had another one bought an Audi A3 off me , Following week was spouting off about illegal tyres , Long story short he came back with different wheels and nearly bald tyres trying to claim new tyres off us .

I shown him pictures of Black edition Wheels and Michelin tyres when he bought it 12 days previous , 

He got both barrels and a reload from me , 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another lying scroat told me his FABIA VRS was full service , had 5 BMW main dealer stamps , Er they don't service Skodas my friend , Called BMW and they never heard of him . 

His mate had managed to get access to the Stamp no doubt . 

These people think we are the wrong ones . 

How then do you deal with them slagging you off online?

18 hours ago, petrol head said:

Had two give it go on Autotrader reviews once a while back , had them took down as obviously lying .

Apart from that I get no trouble , probably because I'm very direct and prove they are liars . 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 3:09 PM, petrol head said:

Never, ever be scared of a bad review when a punter is in the wrong. Just respond and tell the truth in a cool and composed manner. A 1 star review with a good response from you will be looked at positively by anyone who reads it.

• Like 2