Auto trader I control 

as far as i can remember my rep has been banging on at me to get i control. I never really paid attention to it i had a free trail a year ago and didnt really use it. Today i called my local rep getting prices about up grading stock then he said if you haven't got i control you wasting your money having more stock.

Know quick question does i control work if it does how and why should i pay the extra money my rep has told me why but first hand from someone who uses it would be great.

KInd regards

Danny 

Danny

best thing you can do is tell your AT rep to take a run and jump!

Sorry but unless I can be proven otherwise it is just regenerated historic data sold as a package by people who have never sold a car in their lives! IMHO

• Like 2

hahahahaha jim to be fair thats what i thought i even told him you keep banging on about helping us dealers but you make huge profits and still put our prices up each year.

Then i swiftly moved on to the subject regarding your open letter and guess what hes response was "jim hasent been with us for a while" " he just wants every one over to social media" 

my response was jim is a dealer just like me and the rest of us whos sick and tired of getting ripped off because they know auto trader works for some of us etc etc 

im seriously fed up with them but ebay and motors are not great i think i need to start pushing more on facebook ! 

• Like 1

The main flaw with Icontrol is the prices it says you should buy a car in at. 

Tell your autotrader rep to load it up and sit and watch a bca sale with I control on. I hazard a guess that you won't be able to find a single car go through any sale for what I control suggests you should pay .

• Like 1

Ive had it for about 10 months now, in all seriousness if you use it as a guide to back up your own instinct and experience on the whole its worth having. since taking it on I wouldn't say I've sold more cars but I have changed what I'm stocking slightly, bought cars I would never have dreamed of stocking in the past and sold for a decent margin, kept on top of the prices and noticed I'm selling cars quicker. I used to have the old problem of cars sticking like glue to the pitch without even a sniff, takes a while to get into it but its not a bad little tool and saves me a lot of time 

• Like 2

I had it for 6 months or so and my thoughts on it are similar to RH Trading. I ignored the pricing aspect of it but the 'desirability' tool was quite handy and again, like RH, I bought cars that I wouldn't normally have bought and they sold in pretty quick time.

Agree with RS though, the pricing aspect of it is a joke and that's why I binned it as I was only using half the product.

• Like 1

I've tried it and definately did not work for me !  just a quick example it tells me the hottest cars to buy are Corsa / C1 etc as they are the fastest sellers in my postcode/area, ..Guess what I have Arnold Clark main Vauxhall dealer , AC Supermarket and AC Biggest in europe centre with all with 5 to 30 Mins drive who sell these these like hot cakes - now do I want to compete in that market ? will they be profitable cars for me to buy ? .. A Lot of other cars I looked at using the 'tool' I couldn't buy for the said value but obviously paying more according to the tool I couldn't sell for 'the suggested price' !  I'm stick with my own knowledge and experience Thank you.!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RH Trading said:

Ive had it for about 10 months now, in all seriousness if you use it as a guide to back up your own instinct and experience on the whole its worth having. since taking it on I wouldn't say I've sold more cars but I have changed what I'm stocking slightly, bought cars I would never have dreamed of stocking in the past and sold for a decent margin, kept on top of the prices and noticed I'm selling cars quicker. I used to have the old problem of cars sticking like glue to the pitch without even a sniff, takes a while to get into it but its not a bad little tool and saves me a lot of time 

Here's an idea save your self a few hundred pounds per month, and I'll give you a second opinion free of charge :-)

4 hours ago, basildon car sales said:

hahahahaha jim to be fair thats what i thought i even told him you keep banging on about helping us dealers but you make huge profits and still put our prices up each year.

Then i swiftly moved on to the subject regarding your open letter and guess what hes response was "jim hasent been with us for a while" " he just wants every one over to social media" 

my response was jim is a dealer just like me and the rest of us whos sick and tired of getting ripped off because they know auto trader works for some of us etc etc 

im seriously fed up with them but ebay and motors are not great i think i need to start pushing more on facebook ! 

His reply...."jim hasent been with us for a while" " he just wants every one over to social media" 

WHY would I want everyone over to Social Media lol, oh that's right, I'm on referral schemes with Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn making £80million in selling shares over last 3years! Does that sound familiar?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RH Trading said:

hahahah jim i wish you was then you can share the wealth i keep telling them i dont want it but my rep does not stop being pushy i said if you have just a desirability tool il take it on its own but the whole thing no mate.

also jim i need to get big on Facebook any tutorials you can point me in the right direction of 

kind regards

danny 

umesh great response as usual !

• Like 1