Sign in to follow this  
MJG50

Asking BCA staff to look at a car with no Assured Report

I'm interested in a BCA car that doesn't have an Assured Report - the photos of the dash show that the car wasn't even started, the rev counter is on nil. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had any luck in getting a BCA member of staff to have a quick look at car and to start it up. Since BCA have been all online, I've emailed about a car once and was promised someone would look at it and get back to me but no one ever did.

I have bought a couple of cars that you'd expect to come with a report given their age and miles and both were an utter disaster so there's no way I'd bid on anything relatively new without an Assured Report unless I could get someone at the auction to have a look at the car for me.

yes we ask all the time , really helpful , walk round look , start the car up while they are on the phone . 

might be just our luck mind , but we haven't failed 

16 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

yes we ask all the time , really helpful , walk round look , start the car up while they are on the phone . 

Ha Ha,Sounds like the old days.Huge Bung Motor Company 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Ha Ha,Sounds like the old days.Huge Bung Motor Company 

Done a few of those deals in my time :D:ph34r:

16 hours ago, David Horgan said:

That's really good to hear they are so helpful. I wonder if they look up how many the company has purchased before getting back as I haven't bought many recently. I emailed them yesterday and got the usual promise to get back to me but haven't heard anything yet.

It's just my luck too lol, I nearly always find I get a poor response when I'm the customer (I almost dread buying anything new these days!) but people always seem to expect the Earth when buying from me! :) I think I'll just stick to buying Assured stuff now it's online only but it is a shame I get no response as it would inspire a bit more confidence to have a walk around phone call on something I'm interested in.

8 hours ago, MJG50 said:

(I almost dread buying anything new these days!)

And if you’re anything like me it usually turns to shit.