Okay dokay

Claims procedure "BCA Assured"

Stay right on their case. Even once they agree the refund they take weeks/months to actually refund the money. Ive found they really don't like paying out no matter how little. Also generally we don't realise until after the 24hour / 48 hour expiry. 

Generally I think by the time you mess about better to get it repaired yourself and get it shifted unless its a big big problem. Depends what value f car/margins we're talking about I suppose!

I'm in the middle of a claim for a dual mass flywheel, they're doing their best to worm their way out of it.

My claim is at Manheim not BCA

Edited by M.J

To be fair, If I've ever had a problem with any LOL cars from BCA. I've kicked them straight back on to the transporter or gone to the desk with a big 'nah!' If I've gone to collect it personally. 

But out of 276 cars I've bought in the last year, I've only refused 4, which ain't a bad ratio really. 

What card levels are y'all on? As my Gold card friend seems to have a tougher time with BCA issues. 

10 hours ago, RandomJord said:

To be fair, If I've ever had a problem with any LOL cars from BCA. I've kicked them straight back on to the transporter or gone to the desk with a big 'nah!' If I've gone to collect it personally. 

But out of 276 cars I've bought in the last year, I've only refused 4, which ain't a bad ratio really. 

What card levels are y'all on? As my Gold card friend seems to have a tougher time with BCA issues. 

Aye; I must admit, I've got quite a lot of faith in BCA LOL and touch wood, have never had a major problem. Then again, I do tend to be quite a safe buyer and stick to my tried and tested stock.

If your buying 276 cars a year surely you should be on a platinum card? Just imagine all those free breakfasts your missing out on ! :) 

I have a platinum card and know nothing about this free breakfast. If that's the case I'm never buying online again :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RandomJord said:

Im on platinum ,still waiting....What normally happens then someone comes out and looks at the car?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Im on platinum ,still waiting....What normally happens then someone comes out and looks at the car?

I'm currently in the middle of a claim for a slipping clutch

They sent an engineer out this morning who took 10 seconds to confirm it is indeed ******

He's now submitting his report to bca so it's a waiting game now I guess, this is the first claim I've ever made so unsure how smoothly it will go!

1 hour ago, JKG said:

I'm currently in the middle of a claim for a slipping clutch

They sent an engineer out this morning who took 10 seconds to confirm it is indeed ******

He's now submitting his report to bca so it's a waiting game now I guess, this is the first claim I've ever made so unsure how smoothly it will go!

Keep me posted, Im still waiting for an engineer to come out?!

UPDATE: BCA are taking the car back, my mechanics did a report which suggested the engine to be replaced, so now they are coming to collect it. Well done BCA. 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2016 at 4:49 PM, Tom said:

UPDATE: BCA are taking the car back, my mechanics did a report which suggested the engine to be replaced, so now they are coming to collect it. Well done BCA. 

Glad you got somewhere with them, they've rejected my claim! apparently the engineers report stated a high clutch with a smell of burning which isn't covered, however that is absolute rubbish, the engineer told me it's knackered, he couldn't get it to pull away without slipping, funny how between leaving my premises & the report arriving at bca the story has changed just enough to give them the upper hand.

Best thing to do next time is just do your own report. I'm still waiting for them to pick it up though! 

I've just had a dispute with them over a condition report. I wouldn't normally as  I believe you have to take the rough with the smooth but I  couldn't be let this go such was the unreported damage. The bottom line is unless you want to take it all the way, don't bother as the those with hand held computers and a list of terms and conditions don't want to know. I did manage to get a goodwill payment at branch level as a buy a few from this BCA branch but it has knocked my confidence in their product.

On 5 July 2016 at 8:22 AM, sparky said:

Aye; I must admit, I've got quite a lot of faith in BCA LOL and touch wood, have never had a major problem. Then again, I do tend to be quite a safe buyer and stick to my tried and tested stock.

If your buying 276 cars a year surely you should be on a platinum card? Just imagine all those free breakfasts your missing out on ! :) 

Yeah mate, Platinum all the way! It's the mere minions without access to the free tea that struggle with returns

also..... I had no idea I could get free breakfasts! Stingy buggers took away the biscuits in the Business lounge so I'd say I'm owed atleast 1 breakfast a week!