Sign in to follow this  
MJG50

Checking Date of Previous Keeper Change

Does anyone know if there is a free check that gives the date of the last keeper change?

Many years ago, it was possible to find out for free on the RAC website but this service stopped a while back. It is possible to check the date of the last V5 issued when checking if the car is currently taxed but this date may just refer to a new V5 being issued due to a new address rather than a keeper change. I just checked a friend's car that he has owned from new in 2006 but when checking if taxed it says the last V5 was issued in 2011 so this isn't a reliable guide to the date of ownership change.

14 minutes ago, MJG50 said:

Does anyone know if there is a free check that gives the date of the last keeper change?

Many years ago, it was possible to find out for free on the RAC website but this service stopped a while back. It is possible to check the date of the last V5 issued when checking if the car is currently taxed but this date may just refer to a new V5 being issued due to a new address rather than a keeper change. I just checked a friend's car that he has owned from new in 2006 but when checking if taxed it says the last V5 was issued in 2011 so this isn't a reliable guide to the date of ownership change.

Experian auto check via Autotrader will tell you , or CAP live valuation . Both tell you when last keeper was . 

The DVLA site shows the last V5 issue date.  In your case could this have been the switch from blue to red V5s?

I know plate and address changes generate a new V5 but for most cars It is accurate.

Edited by Contracts

MJG50.

What ever happened to your Jaguar with the head gasket issue, an update would be welcome.B)

Edited by Frank Cannon

Hi Frank, sorry for the delay, I've only just logged on again tonight. That was a bit of a nightmare that I try to forget! I got it tested and the headgasket was shot so I ended up selling it to a mechanic who reckoned he could repair it himself as he'd only have to foot the bill for the parts. 

15 hours ago, MJG50 said:

Hi Frank, sorry for the delay, I've only just logged on again tonight. That was a bit of a nightmare that I try to forget! I got it tested and the headgasket was shot so I ended up selling it to a mechanic who reckoned he could repair it himself as he'd only have to foot the bill for the parts. 

B)