david gott

CDP Podcast - Jon - Professional Bidder to Auctioneer at Manheim

Here we go, this weeks Podcast!

This is a chap I met at the auction, I don't actually know the exact term for his job description but he would bid on cars for traders that couldn't make it to the auction and he would get £50 a car.

Before he done that he was an auctioneer for Manheim for 9 years, then went self employed and has now returned as an auctioneer for the last 3 years.

Lots of stories we can all relate to from the characters at the block to one vendor making a massive loss, hope you enjoy!

David

Up next Hopefully Mr Horgan 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/from-auctioneer-to-professional-bidder/id1506252764?i=1000476229652

Edited by david gott

This reminded me of back in the day, perhaps late 90s early 2000s. A guy at manheim (nca) Colchester. Short dark haired guy, always had new bright white trainers. Stood there in the hall all day long buying everything at the daytime sales. Never saw him out looking at anything either. Just stood there nodding? Must have bought 100s a week?

As I remember the auctioneer at the time was an older guy, fair hair used to say stuff like  “up we go again” when a car in and  “...this for the sporting gentleman”

Thanks I've actually done a similar thing with the buying that was part off my main business for many years once in a big way but it only a smart part of it now for around 5 friends I've met through the trade  i had to take a step back when both my own health had issues and my fathers health went down hill  so something had to give  So mainly concentrate on my own stuff as well as helping with the care  for my dad. 

Thanks for listening, some great stories! nice to hear the vendors have to take a pill every now again!!!