Birmingham

leeds

manchester

Nottingham

york

Newcastle

Edinburgh

I'm thinking of buying a car to go to work in once I'm allowed back

can anyone tell me where I can park my car at what would be a realistic rate and not approx €20 a day if theres a space left

oh and I dont want to park and ride as that defeats the object of keeping away from the hoi  polloi

seriously?

its 35 years since I worked in a city and back then you got an agreement to park somewhere and guarded it at whatever cost

I think when this is over,there might now be a better case for more parking in city centres or they could become ghost towns. There could be a huge cost both in lost business rates and job losses caused by emission zones.These well paid left wing councillors don’t understand that a large proportion of car owning commuters and shoppers will never walk,pushbike,taxi or use public transport.Post Coved ,those large department stores ( some paying £1m business rates ) and then closed down by online competition could be converted into car parks to encourage business and create/retain jobs in city centres.A few years ago some councils were proposing taxing businesses who had their own parking places.!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I think when this is over,there might now be a better case for more parking in city centres or they could become ghost towns. There could be a huge cost both in lost business rates and job losses caused by emission zones.These well paid left wing councillors don’t understand that a large proportion of car owning commuters and shoppers will never walk,pushbike,taxi or use public transport.Post Coved ,those large department stores ( some paying £1m business rates ) and then closed down by online competition could be converted into car parks to encourage business and create/retain jobs in city centres.A few years ago some councils were proposing taxing businesses who had their own parking places.!!

nottingham does charge per parking space to business

boots were talking of leaving over it I'm not sure what the outcome was